Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2022 12:09:00 PM EDT
The good, the bad, the ugly, the beautiful.

Ready, set, go.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 1:36:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Lived and policed there over 25 years. After the democrats took over about 20 yrs ago, nothing good to say. (See my reply in GD.)
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Used to be called "The Gump", but now "Monthuggery" is a better description. Revolving door criminal justice system, especially for murder.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Just say no.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're .mil about to be assigned here and not going to live on base, cities and counties to the north, across the rivers, are the better choice. Prattville (Autauga Co.), Millbrook (Elmore Co.), Wetumpka (Elmore Co.) are the closest. Public schools are so-so, private schools maybe a little better (my kids are out of the system 10 years now, thank goodness).

Be more specific with questions and you'll get more specific answers.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#5]
It's like most big cities with rotten inner cores and nice places in the suburbs.

Many people commute to Montgomery but refuse to live there because of the crime and garbage-fire politics.

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I don’t live there anymore, but used to work for MPD until I escaped.  As others have stated, live in Wetumpka, Prattville, or Millbrook and commute.  Far East side is still okay, but stay east of Taylor Rd.  

Good things about the area are fishing and good deer hunting, if you are into that.  Also a central location in the state, so not too far from the coast, or more hilly northern areas.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 4:01:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#9]
As others have said, there is nothing good about Montgomery.  If you move here, live in Prattville / Autauga County or Wetumpka or Elmore County or Pike Road in Montgomery County.  

Montgomery used to be ok, but the thugs started taking over about 25 years ago.  A friend of mine did the math, and per capita, Montgomery actually has a higher homicide rate than Chicago!

I came close to being mugged at the Walmart by Gunter Annex a couple of years ago.  Since then, I bring my lunch and stay on base.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As others have said, there is nothing good about Montgomery.  If you move here, live in Prattville / Autauga County or Wetumpka or Elmore County or Pike Road in Montgomery County.  

Montgomery used to be ok, but the thugs started taking over about 25 years ago.  A friend of mine did the math, and per capita, Montgomery actually has a higher homicide rate than Chicago!

I came close to being mugged at the Walmart by Gunter Annex a couple of years ago.  Since then, I bring my lunch and stay on base.
View Quote

For a really exciting time, try the Walmart on Atlanta highway sometime.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go big or go home........Ann Street Walmart for the win.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Memphis.

/thread
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:12:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Mogadishu, except on the Alabama river
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:52:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Mogadishu, except on the Alabama river
View Quote

I call it "Montgomadishu"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top