Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2020 8:42:35 PM EDT
Hey everyone,

My family are planning on renting in Knoxville next June but we do not know where is a good place to live in Knoxville. Apartment renting? Yes we are open to that rent will have to stay around $1,000 to $1,600 or maybe $1,700 all depends on what the Apartment has to offer. Cable TV & Cable Internet yes please! I'm in my late 30's single I help take care of my parents and help take care of my eight year old nephew who has aspergers and I want to experience places he has never been to. I know we will be close to Gatlinburg we have visited there before and loved it. Downtown Knoxville? Sure that is open for us to live. We are planning to visit in July.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Since you are single schools are not an issue. That’s good and opens up a lot of places to choose from.

I agree with the previous poster, probably good to live on the end of town you work. As for traffic, it’s not any worse than any other metropolitan area. It’s certainly better than Nashville and other areas. We do have alternate routes that do not involve the interstate.

From what I have heard apartment renting is a tough market here and pretty much everywhere. They are building lots of new ones, pretty nice too in various parts of town.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep. A lot of apartments are going up near me here on the west side. Quite a few nice ones also on Pellissipi parkway near Northshore Dr.
Not sure of the cost though.

I like it here in west Knoxville in the Karns area.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Try here or on the book of faces at 414 flats.  They're running move in specials now.

I lived here in the late 90's.  Nice place, rooftop pool, all utilities were included.  The building has has several renovations, looks more up-to-date.  My sister and nephew live here now.  West High School is within walking distance.  This building has lots of shopping around it, and you're less than 10 miles to downtown Knoxville and the university.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in South Knox and love it out here.  Close to most everything, but pretty rural at the same time.

Knoxville native here, PM me if you have specific questions.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:30:19 AM EDT
[#6]
OP, living in Knoxville offers everything from fairly rural to fairly urban and everything in between. It will depend on what you want/are looking for.

The amenities can run from somewhat distant to right around the corner, your choice.

You can further muddy the waters by living outside of Knoxville in one of the surrounding cities/counties. Again, it's dependent on what you are looking for.

The biggest advantage you have is not having to worry about schools.

Personally I would look at where you live in relation to where you will be working. The good thing about an apartment is after your initial lease expires you are free to move wherever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top