Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2019 11:23:29 AM EDT
Used to go there frequently many years ago. Just looked at their web page and see that they have a rifle range now that allows up to and including .50BMG. If it's in the same spot as before, it cant be any longer than 25 yards or so, but damned if I dont want to try shooting a .50 indoors.

Anyone been to the rifle range there? Do they have large enough benches to actually hold the entire length of a rifle, or do you just rest the front and have to hold up the rear?
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Last time I was there, the peoples were still using paper plates for targets and there were several holes in the roof and side of the building.  The management did not seem to care.   I would guess they would only have a front rest, if at all.   Good luck.  RIP.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Last time I was there, the peoples were still using paper plates for targets.
View Quote
Uh, is there something wrong with this?? Paper plates are awesome targets. I have a few hundred with a 1" box drawn on.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing wrong with it.  Just never seen it done indoors.  Or with people holding their pistols sideways.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#4]
They built the new rifle range where the old archery shop was in the back corner. The rifle side is nice but never I didn’t really care for the extra cost. The original range seems to have been the same as the last 10 years I’ve been going there but the price is right
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]
We went, (son was home on leave). Was about the same as I remember it. Didn't take the .50 though. Maybe next time. Rifle range is only 4 lanes and 19 yards. I can only imagine touching off a .50 in there.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Gun counter guys are quick to remind you they arent on commission and dont care if you buy or not

Experienced that a couple days ago on an aged piece that they said had been in there forever.

I pointed out the rack damage (quite a bit) and was told 2 different stories of cost and markup and whatever

Lol its still standing there collecting dust
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Gun counter guys are quick to remind you they arent on commission and dont care if you buy or not

Experienced that a couple days ago on an aged piece that they said had been in there forever.

I pointed out the rack damage (quite a bit) and was told 2 different stories of cost and markup and whatever

View Quote
I went in New Years day and a couple of the guys were real dickheads. They used to be cool, and the archery shop guys were amazing but it seems like something happened since I was in there 6 months ago.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:55:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I went in New Years day and a couple of the guys were real dickheads. They used to be cool, and the archery shop guys were amazing but it seems like something happened since I was in there 6 months ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess they think discretionary spending will come their way no matter what.  They guessed wrong on my part
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Guess they think discretionary spending will come their way no matter what.  They guessed wrong on my part
View Quote
That’s exactly how I felt. I was getting sights on my g19 and was planning to buy a p320 m17 I’ve been eyeing. Three minutes of the salesman trying flex his superiority on me and I told him to promptly put it back
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I remember calling them a decade ago to see if their gunsmith had a 7.62 NoGo gauge. The clerk told me “why the hell do you need that!?”

Literally the worst gun shop in Cincinnati then, and I’m sure it’s the same way now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone that has shopped there knows this.

I made the mistake of using them for an FFL transfer and it sat in the vault for over a week before they would process it.

Just a AR receiver.

Another time they bitched me out for picking up my own brass in my area and insinuated I was stealing it.

This was about 15 years ago so maybe things have changed but I haven't been back since.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#12]
25 yards is max.
Benches are tiny.
I only shoot there because Shoot point blank doesn't allow Machine Guns.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
25 yards is max.
Benches are tiny.
I only shoot there because Shoot point blank doesn't allow Machine Guns.
View Quote
Even though Point Blank is closer to work and home, I go to Premier Shooting and Training. Back when PB opened the first range, I went in as the local NRA and BFA coordinator to get them loaded up with election material and Tom told "No we don't want to be political".  He couldn't really explain how a gun shop could avoid being political but still i have not went back

JLE
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Even though Point Blank is closer to work and home, I go to Premier Shooting and Training. Back when PB opened the first range, I went in as the local NRA and BFA coordinator to get them loaded up with election material and Tom told "No we don't want to be political".  He couldn't really explain how a gun shop could avoid being political but still i have not went back

JLE
View Quote
I haven't been to Premier shooting but have heard good things.

Do most of my shooting at Lake Bailee when the weather is nice out.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:34:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I used to stop in once a month to shoot the poker targets for the free gun.

That was over 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Premier on 747 is the best around, especially compared to Target World. Clean ranges, helpful RO, and no gangbangers muzzle sweeping you. I got a membership there since it is close to me, and I don’t use it near enough. I also took a short course so I can draw from holster/concealment as well.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 8:03:42 AM EDT
[#17]
I’d have to agree about Premier being the best for indoor. I only go to target world to test out my new AK builds.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#18]
I go to Premier on 747 90% of the time.

I wanted to try out Target Worlds IDPA stuff, but 20$ for 2 stages? Pass, I will wait until spring rolls around and practice at premier. They allow doubles and reloading.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Vandalia range and armory has a 100 yard indoor rifle range, I've never been there.

https://vra-ohio.com/indoor-range
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top