Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I take great exception to anyone who says that the patriotic Americans who who stand up for our rights by exercising their right to assemble and who fight for our right to keep and bear arms in any way they can are not 'normal' people.  You may look down upon me because I wore bloused BDU's and a MAGA hat to the event.  You may look down on these people because you somehow think it's right to label them 'abnormal.'

Frankly...that's YOUR problem.  It's our problem when you give up.

We don't have SOROS.
We don't have a complicit liberal media.
We don't have any power except:

Our votes.
Our voices.
Our boots on the ground.

Link Posted: 4/15/2018 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I take great exception to anyone who says that the patriotic Americans who who stand up for our rights by exercising their right to assemble and who fight for our right to keep and bear arms in any way they can are not 'normal' people.  You may look down upon me because I wore bloused BDU's and a MAGA hat to the event.  That's YOUR problem.  It's my problem when you give up.

We don't have SOROS.

Our votes.
Our voices.
Our boots on the ground.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/31267/IMG_1573_JPG-515872.jpg
View Quote
@eracer

I wore boots, jeans, and my "grey man combat" fishing shirt, and my "undercover" MAGA hat.

Thanks for being there!
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
@Progun1911

I shared the same exact thoughts you did when the March 4th Rally happened. Trust me.... after some thinking. I turned around.

This was a good turnout for our State.
View Quote
I'm just pissie because I'm was tired, work nights ,drove up with next to no sleep in pain (that's another story). I never give up. See you guys at the next one !
Still a disappointment though. I talked this rally up like crazy on social media and locally and had people from all over the saying " YEAH !! THIS IS BULLSHIT !! I'LL BE THERE" !!! And that's all that came. Some states only had 50 people ?  Some really spineless people out there that need to grow a set of balls.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm just pissie because I'm was tired, work nights ,drove up with next to no sleep in pain (that's another story). I never give up. See you guys at the next one !
Still a disappointment though. I talked this rally up like crazy on social media and locally and had people from all over the saying " YEAH !! THIS IS BULLSHIT !! I'LL BE THERE" !!! And that's all that came. Some states only had 50 people ?  Some really spineless people out there that need to grow a set of balls.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Progun1911

I shared the same exact thoughts you did when the March 4th Rally happened. Trust me.... after some thinking. I turned around.

This was a good turnout for our State.
That's the truth.... I always figure 10%-20% that say that'll show up actually do.

Shoot Straight funded busses. That says a lot.

After the March 4th event I was burnt. I worked all week prior to it, was fighting for our rights at the Capitol, etc... I was strung out. I get it, trust me, I really do.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@eracer

I wore boots, jeans, and my "grey man combat" fishing shirt, and my "undercover" MAGA hat.

https://i.imgur.com/PXvtgu9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ub69hOQ.jpg

Thanks for being there!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I take great exception to anyone who says that the patriotic Americans who who stand up for our rights by exercising their right to assemble and who fight for our right to keep and bear arms in any way they can are not 'normal' people.  You may look down upon me because I wore bloused BDU's and a MAGA hat to the event.  That's YOUR problem.  It's my problem when you give up.

We don't have SOROS.

Our votes.
Our voices.
Our boots on the ground.

@eracer

Thanks for being there!
Miami, Hahahahah!!! I saw you but didn't know that was you !!  I said to myself look at this guy wearing a disguise !!! LOL !!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Miami, Hahahahah!!! I saw you but didn't know that was you !! I said to myself look at this guy wearing a disguise !!! LOL !!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We don't have SOROS.

Our votes.
Our voices.
Our boots on the ground.

@eracer

Thanks for being there!
Miami, Hahahahah!!! I saw you but didn't know that was you !! I said to myself look at this guy wearing a disguise !!! LOL !!!
LOL
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been working 85 hour weeks for the past month and a half. Requested ONE day off for the rally, came home from work and forgot my wallet in the car (my old lady left her purse in there, too) Woke up to a ransacked car. They took her purse, my wallet, the cash and my debit card in there, my e-cig...even the bottle of liquid for it.

This time of year, I have good days and bad days with arthritis and severe psoriasis on my hands. It was really bad Friday night but I was still willing and happy to wake up and take the drive Saturday morning. There are some weeks when something as simple as making a fist or gripping a steering wheel becomes extremely painful. Knuckles/joints get swollen and it causes the skin to crack open in to a thousand papercuts then bleed. That wasn't going to stop me...but I was NOT going to make a 12 hour round trip with half a tank of gas and no cash/debit card.

Had been looking forward to this since I read about it here.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 5:00:25 PM EDT
[#10]
it was nice to meet you miami, sorry we did not see ya when we came back down from upstairs and followed the uniformed guys out.

It was a bigger turn out than the other two I been to up there. And the one I went to in Miami years ago.

I was the one with my nephew by the memorial.

I would suggest thanking shoot straight for helping get buses ,  I know there was a few gun events on the same day. Knob Creek and a NFA event in Leesburg with many gun companies. That had a few thousand last year and I expect had even more this time but I made a choice that the rally was more Important.

I thought I took a short video of the crowd but seems I bumped the stop record button as soon as I started it

I saw a news station during dinner had some coverage but no audio so no idea what they said. I will check out those links you shared.

the channel 27 wtxl news , I am surprised to basically see a neutral type coverage. Not seen that happen down here, without a retort from the other side. other than I think it said hundreds instead of over a 1000.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been working 85 hour weeks for the past month and a half. Requested ONE day off for the rally, came home from work and forgot my wallet in the car (my old lady left her purse in there, too) Woke up to a ransacked car. They took her purse, my wallet, the cash and my debit card in there, my e-cig...even the bottle of liquid for it.

This time of year, I have good days and bad days with arthritis and severe psoriasis on my hands. It was really bad Friday night but I was still willing and happy to wake up and take the drive Saturday morning. There are some weeks when something as simple as making a fist or gripping a steering wheel becomes extremely painful. Knuckles/joints get swollen and it causes the skin to crack open in to a thousand papercuts then bleed. That wasn't going to stop me...but I was NOT going to make a 12 hour round trip with half a tank of gas and no cash/debit card.

Had been looking forward to this since I read about it here.
View Quote
make the next one, and in the meantime, write your reps, call them, help the others contact theirs and fight them.  just don't sit back and be silent.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
it was nice to meet you miami, sorry we did not see ya when we came back down from upstairs and followed the uniformed guys out.

It was a bigger turn out than the other two I been to up there. And the one I went to in Miami years ago.

I was the one with my nephew by the memorial.

I would suggest thanking shoot straight for helping get buses ,  I know there was a few gun events on the same day. Knob Creek and a NFA event in Leesburg with many gun companies. That had a few thousand last year and I expect had even more this time but I made a choice that the rally was more Important.

I thought I took a short video of the crowd but seems I bumped the stop record button as soon as I started it

I saw a news station during dinner had some coverage but no audio so no idea what they said. I will check out those links you shared.

the channel 27 wtxl news , I am surprised to basically see a neutral type coverage. Not seen that happen down here, without a retort from the other side. other than I think it said hundreds instead of over a 1000.
View Quote
@somedude, it was good to meet you and thanks for coming.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#13]
So excited that you guys turned out!

I couldn't make because I was out of state working, so I went to the Denver march.  Had about 300 there.

I will make it a point to attend future events wherever I am.

Thanks again for showing up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I was unable to get the day off.

We have plenty of time to plan, secure days offs and get ready for September.

Thought this one sucked?

Let’s commit to making September the one to remember !
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I had too many people comment on the pictures I posted to Facebook saying, "How come I never heard of this?"

I replied that I had posted links to the event pages several times over the last month.

I don't know what the answer is.  Who will be our Hogg?
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

make the next one, and in the meantime, write your reps, call them, help the others contact theirs and fight them.  just don't sit back and be silent.
View Quote
I make time to do that weekly, I don't sit on my ass. Started telling friends, family, colleagues about the rally as soon as I heard it was going down. Not gonna beat myself up over it or feel guilty, not when I know that I had done everything in my power to be there and everything within my capability to fight since WAY before the legislative push here in FL and changes to our legislature. Others have done more than me- but I have done what I could personally do: I have contributed to the NRA, to our grassroots Florida Carry, campaigned with 2A friendly local politicians and called/written/argued for what I believe in. The list goes on. And I have never had someone break in to my car through all the years I've been living at this house...but of course, that's when it had to happen to me. The bastards have the spare housekey that was in my wallet, too...couldn't leave my family to stay at home under those circumstances with me 6 hours away.

Like I said, great job for those who were able to make it...I will keep an ear to the ground for the next rally. Someone needs to reach out to the firearms industry and push them to have representatives attending...we need people like Matt Gaetz to show up and other state-level politicians friendly to our cause- fliers in gun stores- local facebook police scanner and yardsale pages are another resource that we can use. Statehouse marches work well to draw in eyes, but I believe that we should also utilize the huge amount of attention that comes from Open Carry marches- as often as possible. Creativity and determination will see us through.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Who will be our Hogg?
View Quote
Miami is our version of Hogg...

And if he needs backup: I may be kinda glitchy in the brain, but I'm not shy. I wouldn't mind either (a) writing an outline for a speaking event and/or (b) delivering it.
It would be nice if we could organize a 2A centered symposium with multiple speakers.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@eracer

Thanks for being there!
View Quote
I got a picture of you.  I wish I'd gotten there on time to meet at the Fallen Officer memorial.
Next time I'll make it a point to find you and shake your hand.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks to everyone that showed up

Bummed I couldn't make it. I'm closing on my business in a couple days so had to stick around for conference calls and due diligence uploads

Hope to meet you guys at the next event
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I got a picture of you.  I wish I'd gotten there on time to meet at the Fallen Officer memorial.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@eracer

Thanks for being there!
Sweet @eracer.... can you post it so my narcissistic ugly self can see?
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I didn't get the text otherwise if I could have caught a ride I could have been there.

But I think the Pols will look at our numbers vs the progressives with their paid protesters and not take us seriously.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I take great exception to anyone who says that the patriotic Americans who who stand up for our rights by exercising their right to assemble and who fight for our right to keep and bear arms in any way they can are not 'normal' people.  You may look down upon me because I wore bloused BDU's and a MAGA hat to the event.  You may look down on these people because you somehow think it's right to label them 'abnormal.'

Frankly...that's YOUR problem.  It's our problem when you give up.

We don't have SOROS.

Our votes.
Our voices.
Our boots on the ground.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/31267/IMG_1570_JPG-515880.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/31267/IMG_1563_JPG-515881.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/31267/IMG_1557_JPG-515882.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/31267/IMG_1560_JPG-515883.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/31267/IMG_1561_JPG-515886.jpg
View Quote
You're Goddamn right!
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I didn't get the text otherwise if I could have caught a ride I could have been there.

But I think the Pols will look at our numbers vs the progressives with their paid protesters and not take us seriously.
View Quote
Jon Gutmacher is working on something.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#26]
ran up from Orlando , strolled up to the courthouse around 12:45 or so ...didn't look promising as there were approx. 8 people milling around that might be attributed to the rally . The courtyard / statue arf rally point had a tumbleweed blowing by it .   I was a bit miffed after a 4 hour drive but slowly folks started rolling in .  
All in all the turnout was about what I expected and even though it would have been nice to see 10k plus I was glad to see those who made the effort to show up , esp those who jumped in buses
and made the journey.

I will say that our state capital bldg. is a fucking shithole .....ugly prison looking building , paint peeling , sidewalks cracked and spalling and one of the most uninviting pieces of shit I have ever paid for.

does anyone have a list of the speakers ,  I caught a few names but not all .

Will be at the next one
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top