Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2021 5:30:26 PM EDT
So is all this just a goat rodeo?  Or will we get into a situation where a company gets fined by Feds if they DONT require the vax OR get fined by TX if the DO require the vax?
Will the TX gov just man up and say "come and take it"?

Story link

TX SB 11
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
They are trying to say it’s a now a osha requirement and a company will get a fine for each time they get caught not requiring a vaccination or have weekly test.  The funny part of it is that mask requirements some companies have violate co2 max levels that osha has and should cause a company to get a fine for that.

For hospitals they are trying to say it’s a Medicare requirement.

My bet is that the supreme court will tell Biden it’s illegal like they have told him other crap he pulled is not legal.  The interesting thing on this is that people in his admin have already admitted this.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 10:25:05 PM EDT
[#2]
From what I've seen so far, Slow Joe's handlers (he doesn't do anything except mumble off the teleprompter and soil his diapers), is to have OSHA write a Proposed Rule, following sort of the same process as ATF has done for the frame and brace changes.

Usually, the administrative agency proposes a rule, then there's a 90 public comment period (as there was for ATF's gun grabbing schemes), and the agency has to review the comments and address questions and comments.  Then a Final Rule is published, with an effective date of it applying.

As for what they are going to do here with regards to timing and if there will be a public comment period - I've not seen that.  They may say that ITS A BIG EMERGENCY!!!, and try to not have a public comment period.  Any deviations from what they do in comparison to the standard procedure makes the Rule more vulnerable to challenge in court just for the technical aspects of how it was put into place, not even touching on the aspect of if OSHA can mandate vaccines or testing - it's my understanding that the Proposed Rule has weekly Wuhan virus testing as an alternative to taking the shot.

For Slow Joe's handlers, the important thing is that THEY"VE DONE SOMETHING!!!, as his big block of semi-swing voters, the suburban white women with college degrees (AKA the Karens) were starting to feel that he wasn't doing anything.  So this helps him shore up support from the afternoon wino crowd.

If courts strike it down, then he can blame them for it all, which works just as well.  Remember, the most important thing for Karen's is "feeling".  Results don't matter, as long as you care and feel.  Thank god we didn't have this foolish group of voters around for WWII - we'd have lost, as we have every war since.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 8:37:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are trying to say it’s a now a osha requirement and a company will get a fine for each time they get caught not requiring a vaccination or have weekly test.  The funny part of it is that mask requirements some companies have violate co2 max levels that osha has and should cause a company to get a fine for that.

For hospitals they are trying to say it’s a Medicare requirement.

My bet is that the supreme court will tell Biden it’s illegal like they have told him other crap he pulled is not legal.  The interesting thing on this is that people in his admin have already admitted this.
View Quote

Maybe, but will that stop companies from firing people for not getting the jab?
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#4]
@1stID - Ditto on the middle-age white suburban woymnz.  They are all too gleeful that comrade joeski has done this.
I really don't want to get the jab and considering options now that include being poor.

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I recommend to everyone to do research on the various Wuhan vaccines, and compare your risk factors for what happens if (probably when) you get the Wuhan.  At the level of spread it has - everyone's going to be exposed to it at some point.

If you're over 50, and have other risk factors that would make it hard to recover from the Wuhan, then the vaccine has merit.  If you're over 70, it's a fantastic tool, as the chance of dying from the virus are high.  Thank you President Trump and Operation Warp Speed.  Trump basically willed the vaccine into existence, in spite of all the Experts!!!, who all said it would take till the end of this year to have anything available.

The vaccine makes it very, very unlikely that you'll die from it.  You may test positive, you may even have some symptoms.  But the vaccine seems to build your immune system up to the point that you have a mild case - just like with a flu shot, which is what this basically is.

If you're younger, and haven't had kids yet (the biggest hole testing of the Wuhan vaccines is no birth defect data), and have no other health factors is taking it the right choice?  It's up to each person to decide for themselves, which is why mandates are a terrible idea.  But as noted above, it Does Something!!!, and that's all the afternoon wino crowd cares about, trying and feeling.

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Maybe, but will that stop companies from firing people for not getting the jab?
View Quote

No.  Private companies can do what they want as long as they don’t violate any civil rights.  Also before anyone ask no it does not violate your rights.

Some companies that have wanted to or were about to mandate the vaccine will use this as cover saying their hands are tied.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#7]
In the meantime of this getting sorted out in the courts, many people will lose their possessions.

I am NOT getting the jab, PERIOD.

I am betting I will get fired

I am betting no unemployment (which may barely cover my bills anyways).

This makes me wonder what Abbot will do in order to protect us from the Feds. IF it is like what I think they will do on the TX suppressor stuff, nothing.

And whomever stated that a private company can demand a jab or be fires as not violating some Rights, I am also betting you are wrong. I cant imagine a medical procedure in order to continue employment as NOT being a violation.
I dont see it being any different if they were to demand you get estrogen shots, tested and vaccinated against any other virus.

This would also fall into the same area as we wont hire or continue employment for gays, trans, blacks, etc..
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In the meantime of this getting sorted out in the courts, many people will lose their possessions.

I am NOT getting the jab, PERIOD.

I am betting I will get fired

I am betting no unemployment (which may barely cover my bills anyways).

This makes me wonder what Abbot will do in order to protect us from the Feds. IF it is like what I think they will do on the TX suppressor stuff, nothing.

And whomever stated that a private company can demand a jab or be fires as not violating some Rights, I am also betting you are wrong. I cant imagine a medical procedure in order to continue employment as NOT being a violation.
I dont see it being any different if they were to demand you get estrogen shots, tested and vaccinated against any other virus.

This would also fall into the same area as we wont hire or continue employment for gays, trans, blacks, etc..
View Quote

I am the one that mentioned  a private business can require it and I am sure I am correct as it has been allowed for a long time.  Don’t confuse your feelings with what the courts have already said as this type of item has been battled in the courts before and the business always win in the end.  Note I not saying it’s right or wrong just stating this is not something new it just that most people including you had no idea this type of items can happen. The estrogen argument is a really bad one and is not related to vaccine in anyway.  Also trying to say it’s the same as a company not employing someone because of the color of their skin shows you don’t understand what a protected class is and is not.

Now that that said if you wanted to actually say a civil right should protect you from have to have a mandated vaccine from a private business you would need to show something like a religious exemption (very hard in the end) or a medial reason as to why you can’t have it.  The medical exemption would be easier to do compared to the religious exemption if and only if you can have a medical exemption that a third party person would agree on.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Edited the quote as the other parts were wild comparisons. As to the part I quoted, I guess you're unaware that public school districts have required various vaccinations of children in order to attend school for several decades?  You were probably vaccinated as a kid and I doubt just for the fun of it.

As long as it doesn't violate EEOC or ADA, you can be fired at will here in TX.  

By the way, I don't like this crap or the position the Biden admin is putting employers.  Trying to back door it without getting their hands dirty.

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Edited the quote as the other parts were wild comparisons. As to the part I quoted, I guess you're unaware that public school districts have required various vaccinations of children in order to attend school for several decades?  You were probably vaccinated as a kid and I doubt just for the fun of it.

By the way, I don't like this crap or the position the Biden admin is putting employers.  Trying to back door it without getting their hands dirty.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you work at a waste treatment plant, you are required to be current with Hepatitis vaccinations. They have you sign the documents before even any employment testing takes place.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you work at a waste treatment plant, you are required to be current with Hepatitis vaccinations. They have you sign the documents before even any employment testing takes place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I give two shit about what lies a court will deal with.

from an UE standpoint they cannot require this in the situation we are in.
It can and will be beat in court (assuming the court is not compromised).

Comparing this vaccine  to any other is also not a good comparison, at all.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you do not want to take the vaccine then don’t, find another job if it is that big of a deal. The only one who suffers if you don’t take the vaccine is you. I was very glad to take the vaccine early on, between my age and a lung issue I have. Now if you have recovered from Covid and you have the antibodies in your system, that should count the same as taking the vaccine.

I don’t believe in mandates, I also believe many positive tests have been wrong. I am also very anti mask, I refuse to ever wear one.

Now I lose all respect for people who use stupid terms like the ‘jab’ it is not a fucking ‘jab’ it is an injection. If you want to discuss this further talk like an adult.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are confusing what is happening.  There are two separate issues that you are thinking is one.  First item is that a private company can require a vaccination or you can get fired or not hired if you don’t have it.  Complain and say it’s not right all you want but the courts have said it’s legal several times in the past.  No matter how much you hold your breath and stomp your feet it won’t change.  

The second item is a government mandate using a OSHA rule.  This is the item you need to be concerned about as it can be argued in court and have a good chance to win.  The Biden administration has already admitted they are trying to use it as a work around i.e. using a government agency to mandate something that the agency does not have control over.  Its similar to Biden trying to say you can’t evict someone for not paying rent.  They already knew that it was not legal and they were just trying to run out the clock. With the vaccine mandate they are trying to get private companies to say it’s a requirement and hope most will say yes before the courts shut it down.

If your going to complain and argue that something shouldn’t be don’t you need to know what can and can’t be done.  If you do t have the correct Information you are guaranteed to lose.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I’m encouraging my employees to get the jab by offering a bonus. I’m not making anyone get anything.

If anyone calls, yes, all my employees have had vaccinations.

If it’s a federal government operation, it could very well take years for anyone to verify anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top