Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2021 12:10:36 PM EDT
I went to Publix ( Naples ) last night and there wasn’t a single roll of TP . A good 20 feet of isle space totally bare .
It’s hard to believe that this nonsense is starting up again.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I went to Publix ( Naples ) last night and there wasn’t a single roll of TP . A good 20 feet of isle space totally bare .
View Quote

In Publix last night and again this am, two different places... plenty.

In two different Wal-Marts this am... plenty.

Not sure why your store is completely out, but we're not seeing it here.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:01:05 PM EDT
[#2]
maybe a batch of bad chinese food????
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

My wife has a whole room full of TP and paper towels.( Naples )  

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TP? Is this something The Poors go after?  Wet wipes and bidet is the way.  Also just left the Publix on Tamiami Trl ..Grey Oaks..

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Plenty on this side of the coast.  I couldn't find an scotch tape for some reason.  I may have to wrap presents with duct tape.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Was in Sams 3 weeks ago, no TP or PT.        Back at same Sams about week ago, lots of PT but very little TP.  

I think it is just the supply chain problem with JIT(Just In Time) inventory control.  If there is not a steady supply, it causes intermittent  shortages. There is not enough to supply every store, so one will have, while one will not.

Add that, when a store gets inventory, everyone (ok, almost everyone) will buy the stuff, even if they normally would have waited until they needed it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to Publix, Winn Dixie, and Walmart today looking for Half and Half for my coffee. There was not a single carton anywhere.
(Because of this thread) I checked the TP aisles in each store. Half of each stores supply was gone.
Walmart is low on meat. About a third of the case was gone. None of the stores had any tubes of Jimmy Dean Maple sausage.
Walmart is almost out of five quart jugs of all brands of motor oil.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Plenty of everything in the Keys. Prices however seem to have gone up considerably. Especially on meat yikes.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm the meat manager at the Winn-Dixie in Palm Beach Gardens.  We have plenty of meat and toilet paper. Our issue is finding and retaining enough help to keep the shelves full and enough cashiers. We're a hood store,  very heavy food stamp usage store. None of the "customers" actually have to work since the government gives them your and my money to live off, so they naturally wouldn't want to apply for a job here.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 12:08:22 AM EDT
[#10]
In my travels...depends on location & when their trucks come in. Some are more frequent then others.
No TP shortage in my area. but there are signes that say no more then 2 paper products.
I'm well stocked this time around. Last time I was in the middle of a move & actually did need it. Had to rely on family to get me through a few weeks. LOL
Winn-Dixie... We're a hood store
View Quote

What one isn't?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 7:29:20 PM EDT
[#11]
and still not a carton of Half and Half to be found anywhere....
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm the meat manager at the Winn-Dixie in Palm Beach Gardens.  We have plenty of meat and toilet paper. Our issue is finding and retaining enough help to keep the shelves full and enough cashiers. We're a hood store,  very heavy food stamp usage store. None of the "customers" actually have to work since the government gives them your and my money to live off, so they naturally wouldn't want to apply for a job here.
View Quote

All WD are hood stores..

Dammit ,beat by fuzzy..

Didn't 3 people just get smoked in your parking lot a few weeks ago? At the restaurant depot or some shit..iirc.

When I was a kid, my mom would buy all our meat at WD, then to Pggly Wiggly for some shit, then Cumberland farms for dairy...shopping was a full time gig in the late 70's I guess
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 10:19:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

All WD are hood stores..

Dammit ,beat by fuzzy..

Didn't 3 people just get smoked in your parking lot a few weeks ago? At the restaurant depot or some shit..iirc.

When I was a kid, my mom would buy all our meat at WD, then to Pggly Wiggly for some shit, then Cumberland farms for dairy...shopping was a full time gig in the late 70's I guess
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All WD are hood stores..

Dammit ,beat by fuzzy..

Actually the December before last,  a guy was shot and killed in our parking lot and proceeded to crash into my parked truck as he died. The car he was in belonged to his girlfriend and State Farm dragged their feet and it took like 3 months before they approved my claim to get my truck fixed. She argued that the guy (her boyfriend)  "didn't have permission " to drive her car. If you see a black Frontier in the video, that's my truck

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-n-palm-beach-county/palm-beach-gardens/police-confirms-reports-of-shots-fired-outside-palm-beach-gardens-winn-dixie

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/crime/2019/12/21/like-assassination-witnesses-discuss-horror-gardens-winn-dixie-parking-fatal-shooting-west-palm-man/2020772007/
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 5:49:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
and still not a carton of Half and Half to be found anywhere....
View Quote

Hitting several grocery stores looking for it, Publix in Chasewood in Jupiter had some, not a hell of a lot, yesterday, limit 2.

1/2 & 1/2, Gatoraid among others are lacking.  Talking with the owners (friends and neighbors) of a local small breakfast and lunch type place, they are having problems getting some of the food items they need and are working around this as well as they can.  They do not know how long they will last.  Per a local Publix manager (also friend), this seems to be orchestrated for a desired end outcome (anyone surprised???)........remember FBHO saying that they will bring the US and the rest of the world to the same level??................
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Are we going to have pics of our TP and paper towels forts again?

We got both here on this side of the world. Going to go the new Costco that just opened up here.

Link Posted: 12/10/2021 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Maybe a battalion of snowbirds just hit the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I see this at Costco.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top