Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2021 6:52:57 PM EDT
Once again, I sincerely hope everyone in here is a TFA member. They do a LOT for the 2nd in TN, much more than the NRA ever hoped to do.

Red highlights are mine.

June 21, 2021

Missouri couple pleads guilty to protecting their home from rioters

Mark and Patricia McCloskey are two people who attained national attention during the Covid era and the Black Lives Matter uprisings across the nation. These two, both in their 60s, were seen by the nation standing with firearms in their front yard protecting their home and assets from BLM protesters who had reportedly broken an iron gate, ignored trespassing warning signs and entered a private community where they lived. were charged in 2020 after BLM protesters broke down an iron gate and ignored a “No Trespassing” sign on their private street.

This event has been a topic of discussion in Tennessee since it occurred. Many, indeed most Tennesseans, are unaware that you cannot use deadly force, which includes brandishing a firearm, to protect your home, your business, or your “stuff”. You cannot in Tennessee brandish a weapon to discourage or stop trespassers. You cannot in Tennessee brandish a weapon to stop looters – such as what happened in Nashville when Mayor John Cooper welcomed another BLM protest mob that resulted in burning the historic courthouse and looting downtown Nashville. You cannot in Tennessee brandish a weapon to make a citizen’s arrest.

Notwithstanding Tennessee’s laws which provide a means for rioters, looters, arsonists, thieves and thugs to trespass, destroy and steal your property, damage your home, destroy your business and take your “stuff” – Tennessee law at present pretty much forces a victim in these property crimes to just be a victim. It is an outrage that this is the case in Tennessee but it is the case here.

So what happened to the McCluskies who were the victims of a violent, property destroying mob who did nothing more than stand on their own property and defend it? Now, they have criminal records! What is worse, is that the rioters and trespassers in the BLM mob were not arrested or convicted of their crimes.

According to news reports, both of the McCluskies now have pled to misdemeanor criminal charges and forfeited their firearms. They now have criminal records. They – the victims – have had their property taken from them to be destroyed. Many in the nation and certainly many in Tennessee would claim to do likewise but are they aware that their actions are against the law and in fact may result in them being charged and convicted as violent criminals?

Tennessee law on this issue needs to be addressed and changed. Clearly, the Tennessee legislature was aware of this problem since the charges were filed in 2020 – long before the 2021 legislative session started but the GOP super majority in Tennessee did nothing to protect Tennesseans.

If you think you do or should have the right to defend your home, your business, your assets and your life’s work from mobs, rioters, looters, thieves and thugs it is important that you let your legislators know that this needs to be addressed in Tennessee as soon as they come back into session.

John Harris
Executive Director
[email protected]
View Quote

In short, unless your life is threatened directly, one is obligated BY LAW to not even have Biden's dbl bbl shotgun in their hands were a group of "protestors" were to cruise up one's driveway.

How's that for living in a free state?  
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Has the definition of "brandishing" or "brandishing in a threatening manner" ever been defined or ruled on in court in Tennessee?
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has the definition of "brandishing" or "brandishing in a threatening manner" ever been defined or ruled on in court in Tennessee?
View Quote

That question is above my pay grade.

Feel free to try it out though..................  
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Once again, I sincerely hope everyone in here is a TFA member. They do a LOT for the 2nd in TN, much more than the NRA ever hoped to do.

Red highlights are mine.

June 21, 2021

Missouri couple pleads guilty to protecting their home from rioters

Mark and Patricia McCloskey are two people who attained national attention during the Covid era and the Black Lives Matter uprisings across the nation. These two, both in their 60s, were seen by the nation standing with firearms in their front yard protecting their home and assets from BLM protesters who had reportedly broken an iron gate, ignored trespassing warning signs and entered a private community where they lived. were charged in 2020 after BLM protesters broke down an iron gate and ignored a "No Trespassing" sign on their private street.

This event has been a topic of discussion in Tennessee since it occurred. Many, indeed most Tennesseans, are unaware that you cannot use deadly force, which includes brandishing a firearm, to protect your home, your business, or your "stuff". You cannot in Tennessee brandish a weapon to discourage or stop trespassers. You cannot in Tennessee brandish a weapon to stop looters  such as what happened in Nashville when Mayor John Cooper welcomed another BLM protest mob that resulted in burning the historic courthouse and looting downtown Nashville. You cannot in Tennessee brandish a weapon to make a citizen's arrest.

Notwithstanding Tennessee's laws which provide a means for rioters, looters, arsonists, thieves and thugs to trespass, destroy and steal your property, damage your home, destroy your business and take your "stuff"  Tennessee law at present pretty much forces a victim in these property crimes to just be a victim. It is an outrage that this is the case in Tennessee but it is the case here.

So what happened to the McCluskies who were the victims of a violent, property destroying mob who did nothing more than stand on their own property and defend it? Now, they have criminal records! What is worse, is that the rioters and trespassers in the BLM mob were not arrested or convicted of their crimes.

According to news reports, both of the McCluskies now have pled to misdemeanor criminal charges and forfeited their firearms. They now have criminal records. They  the victims  have had their property taken from them to be destroyed. Many in the nation and certainly many in Tennessee would claim to do likewise but are they aware that their actions are against the law and in fact may result in them being charged and convicted as violent criminals?

Tennessee law on this issue needs to be addressed and changed. Clearly, the Tennessee legislature was aware of this problem since the charges were filed in 2020  long before the 2021 legislative session started but the GOP super majority in Tennessee did nothing to protect Tennesseans.

If you think you do or should have the right to defend your home, your business, your assets and your life's work from mobs, rioters, looters, thieves and thugs it is important that you let your legislators know that this needs to be addressed in Tennessee as soon as they come back into session.

John Harris
Executive Director
[email protected]
View Quote

In short, unless your life is threatened directly, one is obligated BY LAW to not even have Biden's dbl bbl shotgun in their hands were a group of "protestors" were to cruise up one's driveway.

How's that for living in a free state?  
View Quote
Are they still on FB?    

If so, I won't be joining.  

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are they still on FB?    

View Quote

TFA tried to use me-we but got censored, so they went back to FB. Aside from that, not sure what I can tell you. They're still worthy of joining as they're the ONLY reason we have HCP & guns in trunks while at work.

My .o2
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

TFA tried to use me-we but got censored, so they went back to FB. Aside from that, not sure what I can tell you. They're still worthy of joining as they're the ONLY reason we have HCP & guns in trunks while at work.

My .o2
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are they still on FB?    

My .o2
We've had this conversation before, so it isn't new.  Just know it's nothing personal with you.  I just despise FB.  I think one of the iterations of BamaCarry went to FB, that didn't turn out well for them either.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 7:00:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just know it's nothing personal with you.  I just despise FB.  
View Quote

I get it, it's cool.

With FB, it's like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 7:56:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I get it, it's cool.

With FB, it's like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end, IMO.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My .o2
View Quote

Uh, no...John posted to Mewe just today.  I've not seen ANYTHING indicating they were censored by MeWe.   Got a source for that claim?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top