Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2023 2:16:53 AM EDT
My wife and I are kicking around a road trip up from Florida in August, I would really like to just find a good cabin rental for a week or so just to enjoy the weather and see some sights.

One of my stops would be the Saint-Gaudens home in Cornish.  

How are the bugs up there in the summer?

Can someone point me in a good direction.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey OP, it's good that you're asking about this now since places fill up fast way ahead of time.

Do a search for "summer cabin rentals in new hampshire" and you'll get lots of ideas. Websites like VRBO have a bunch of listings.

St. Gaudens is worth the visit even thought it, and Cornish, are really not near anything else. Sunapee and New London are pretty nice areas and would give you a decent base of operations. Most people though, head for the White Mountains/Lakes area in the central and north-central part of the state.

Depending on what you want out of your visit, keep in mind that the southeast quadrant of the state is busy, lots of things to do, restaurants, entertainment, traffic. The central part is touristy (and busy as well). Things get much quieter and more peaceful as you head west and north.

View Quote

Thank you.   I will start looking around in more detail tonight.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#3]
As previously stated, St. Gaudens National Historic Park is well worth the visit if you appreciate art and beautiful scenery.  The advantage of NH being a small state however is that you should make your base of operations in another part of the state unless you really appreciate peace and quiet!  Personally I would recommend either end of the Kancamagus Highway, Lincoln or North Conway areas or the seacoast region but it really depends what kind of activities or access you are interested in.
Top Top