Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2019 2:06:11 AM EDT
I just wanna point this out to you guys.

From the shop, they state the NJSP and ATF approved these as long as the lower came from the Manufacturer marked and serialized as an Other Firearm, despite what alot of FFL’s are saying where you cant built one from a lower and can only be bought as a complete. These are Black Rain lowers directly from them through a shop in Beachwood.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh, how novel. Now they'll be saying that you can ONLY build an "other" on THAT lower, and not any others.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Any stripped lower is identified on the 4473 as "other", according to my FFL, the NJSP NICS only list Rifle, handgun or Shotgun, but the NJSP are supposedly are to destroy the NICS checks after 90 days
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Were can i purchase one?
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Lol how much do they charge for one of these?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Well its a peace of mind knowing its marked and you can challenge anyone who questions your build. I understand receivers should be written down as Other on the 4473 but theres alot of dealers i know that swear up and down you cant built one from a lower so i wouldnt doubt if they gave you some hassle if you tried to make sure they write it down as OTHER since they will lose money from the completes they offer for marked up sales.

Also they were $195 each. Theres 308’s as well and will be making 9mm soon as well.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh, how novel. Now they'll be saying that you can ONLY build an "other" on THAT lower, and not any others.
View Quote
Id imagine once this word gets around, more places might sell Other marked lowers. Thats how it all starts
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 11:55:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Which dealers are saying you can’t build your own firearm and are pushing $200 stripped lowers on people? I’d like to make sure neither I nor my friends give them business.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 12:38:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Which dealers are saying you can’t build your own firearm and are pushing $200 stripped lowers on people? I’d like to make sure neither I nor my friends give them business.
View Quote
Im not here to discredit anyone or any shop, just putting it out there incase anyone is interested. As far as shops saying you cant build from a lower, more than i can count.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I should become a manufacturer and call my company "Unknown", just to produce AR lowers as:

MAKE: Unknown
MODEL: Other
CALIBER: Multi

That really confuse those dealers.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 8:41:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I hope the "powers that be" dont see this or learn of it or it'll soon be a requirement.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Im not here to discredit anyone or any shop, just putting it out there incase anyone is interested. As far as shops saying you cant build from a lower, more than i can count.
View Quote
For the people who are interested, which shops are selling these?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 11:08:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Which gun shop sells these?
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 11:28:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I hope the "powers that be" dont see this or learn of it or it'll soon be a requirement.
View Quote
Well the state already knows about it so
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just wanna point this out to you guys.
https://i.imgur.com/pVDT2J4.jpg

From the shop, they state the NJSP and ATF approved these as long as the lower came from the Manufacturer marked and serialized as an Other Firearm, despite what alot of FFL’s are saying where you cant built one from a lower and can only be bought as a complete. These are Black Rain lowers directly from them through a shop in Beachwood.
View Quote
you do the board no good by not disclosing obvious issues with and ffl.  If you can't tell the hive who this is, you should just log off and stay away
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

you do the board no good by not disclosing obvious issues with and ffl.  If you can't tell the hive who this is, you should just log off and stay away
View Quote
He did state the town, so you can easily narrow it down to 3.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

respectfully, now does that help though?  He should just tell everyone
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top