Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2021 10:56:36 PM EDT
Can someone recommend a Stihl service shop near Mckinney. Landmark equipment is close. But I have not heard good thinks about them and their service department.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't recommend any place up there, but two places you might want to check out if you have them. Ace Hardware and Atwoods.

My local (to me) Ace does work on Stihl. I caught my chain on a chain link fence and kept throwing chains. I went in to buy a new bar and chain, one of the guys told me I probably bent some other piece. Took it right there on the spot, took it to the back, straightened whatever was bent and brought it back out to me, free of charge. I still bought a new bar and chain. Works fine.

The Ace Hardware where my dad lives screwed him around on something, he won't go in there for anything any more so your mileage may vary.

My dad does go to Atwoods religiously for Stihl equipment. Of course one of the managers grew up across the street from us, so I'm sure that helps. They order parts and any business equipment we need there. He is going to have them rebuild his weedeater. This is the Waxahachie location.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Address: 802 S Central Expy, Richardson, TX 75080
Hours:
Open · Closes 6PM
Health & safety: Mask required · Staff wear masks · More details
Phone: (972) 235-2086

This is in Richardson right on 75. I have not used them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I use Plano Power for my lawnmowers. My dad uses them for his Stihl equipment service and weve been happy so far.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Can someone recommend a Stihl service shop near Mckinney. Landmark equipment is close. But I have not heard good thinks about them and there service department.
View Quote

John Deere moved to just north of Anna in Van Alstyne or McKinney Outdoor Power
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:35:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Blue Mountain Equipment by McKinney airport is the Stihl distributor for a fairly large area and they have a repair shop on site. Not sure if John Q Public can bring theirs in for service or if it would need to be sent in by a retail location.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top