Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2021 6:48:30 PM EDT
Trying to get some recommendations (since there are dozens of companies) for steel garage company. Purchased the lot next door a few months back and just had it cleared.

I'm going with the advice from others to build it as big as I can afford, but still being realistic about what I'll actually use it for. Primarily it will be to store boat (18ft now, but as the future and funds allow will be moving up) and general work space/vehicle parking.

My initial thoughts for size/ features: 30'W x 35'L x 15' high (side height), 2 doors on the front (12'W x 14'H and 10'W x 10'H), entry door with a couple windows on right side, couple windows on the back of building and a lean to running the full length of the building on the right side.

I'll run power and water from my home now, so I got that covered, but looking for other inputs as well as far as features/ideas.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Watch how they bid the slabs.  I had guys pushing 4 inch mesh slabs for a shop.  That's a thick sidewalk.

insulation is a must down here

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
OP thought this Thread might help

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Watch how they bid the slabs.  I had guys pushing 4 inch mesh slabs for a shop.  That's a thick sidewalk.

insulation is a must down here

View Quote

Thanks for info. I'm having that done separate. Neighbor does concrete and I trust him so I think ingot that covered.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OP thought this Thread might help

View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought from Carolina Carports, ten years, no complaints.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
OP I'm in the same situation. I will be putting a steel building on my property soon. After looking at multiple options and speaking with many, many steel building owners, I'm going with MBMI for the build.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP I'm in the same situation. I will be putting a steel building on my property soon. After looking at multiple options and speaking with many, many steel building owners, I'm going with MBMI for the build.
View Quote

I'll check them out. What size a re you going with?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

60x120x20, with 15' lean-tos down each side. I am NOT looking forward to the concrete bill.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

60x120x20, with 15' lean-tos down each side. I am NOT looking forward to the concrete bill.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn. Yeah, neither am I so I could imagine lol. I submitted a quote to them so curios what they come back with.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#10]
This is a very good topic and I have gotten some good ideas, I too live in Florida right now but will be moving somewhere in the Tampa outskirts. I also will need a place to store cars in a climate controlled place but my only concern is the hurricane season and the wind. One other question for some of you unrelated to this topic is if someone happens to know the law in Florida about being able to shoot on your property as does it matter about zoning or the amount of acreage or what?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top