Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2020 12:11:26 AM EDT
AUBURN HILLS, MI  State Rep. Rebekah Warren, D-Ann Arbor, was super drunk when she crashed into a freeway barrier in Auburn Hills a month ago, records show.

Warren was arraigned Thursday, Jan. 30, on one misdemeanor count of operating while intoxicated with blood alcohol content greater than 0.17 percent, according to Oakland County District Court records.

Her blood alcohol content was 0.212 percent, almost three times over the legal limit, according to blood analysis by the Michigan State Police.

Police received several calls regarding an apparently impaired driver at about 11 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 26 on northbound I-75 near Baldwin Road, Auburn Hills Police Lt. Ryan Gagnon said previously.

State Rep. Rebekah Warren arrested for suspected drunken driving on I-75

An officer spotted the suspect vehicle, a black Jeep Grand Cherokee, and saw it swerve across two lanes and hit the barrier along I-75, according to the Auburn Hills Police Department report obtained by MLive/The Ann Arbor News through a Freedom of Information Act request.

The officer turned on his lights and stopped the driver who was later identified as Warren, the report states.

Warren told the officer she was heading back to Ann Arbor after attending an event at the Renaissance Center in Detroit, the report states. She admitting to having a few glasses of wine while at the event, the report states.

The officer asked her to do several field sobriety tests, which she failed. He then asked her to take a preliminary breath test, which she refused, the report states.

Police obtained a warrant for her blood and took her McLaren Hospital where nurses took blood samples.

After being checked for injuries associate with the crash, Warren was taken to the Oakland County Jail.

Warren did not return a phone call seeking comment on Friday.

She is free on a $500 personal recognizance bond. Her next court hearing is scheduled for Feb. 19.

Warren was elected in 2018 to serve a third and final term in the House after serving two terms in the state Senate. Warren represents the 55th District, one of four state House districts in Washtenaw County. It includes parts of Ann Arbor and Milan, as well as Augusta, Pittsfield, Ann Arbor, and York townships.

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/2020/01/state-rep-rebekah-warren-arraigned-on-super-drunk-driving-charge-after-crash-on-i-75.html
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, that's my Rep......who is a worthless POS!
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]
She was driving from Detroit to Ann Arbor via Auburn Hills.

That makes sense.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That makes sense.
View Quote
It does when you're drunk!
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That makes sense.
View Quote
Perhaps I’ve never had that problem because I like being within walking distance of my house if I’m getting wrecked (or having a DD),  but I’ve never ended up in the wrong county after a night of drinking.

That bitch needs to stay out of Wayne and Oakland counties apparently.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Rep. Rebekah Warren pleads guilty to lesser DUI chargehttps://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/oakland-county/2020/02/18/michigan-state-rep-rebekah-warren-pleads-guilty-reduced-dui-charge/4794855002/
Rochester Hills  A state lawmaker pleaded guilty Tuesday to a reduced charge in a drunken driving case, possibly avoiding stiffer penalties under the Michigan "Super Drunk" laws, according to authorities.

State Rep. Rebekah Warren, D-Ann Arbor, pleaded guilty in 52-3 District Court in Rochester Hills to a reduced charge of misdemeanor operating while intoxicated, first offense. She could be given up to 93 days in jail and fines when she is sentenced March 17.

"She pleaded guilty to a lesser charge, which is not that unusual for a first-time offender," said Auburn Hills Police Lt. Ryan Gagnon. "First offenders have at times been considered for operating while impaired, an even lesser offense."
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Being a libtard politician in SEMI has its benefits......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top