Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2019 9:33:56 AM EDT
RI Gun Shops & RI Gun Owners is a group on Facebook that I have subscribed to. They seem to have excellent resources and are on top of things.

They just posted on Facebook there will be a rally at the State House tomorrow (Feb 12th) at 3:30pm.

The Senate will be hearing testimony on a proposed bill increasing the tax on ammunition sale by an additional 10%.

I do not know the bill number and can not find it using the search on the General Assembly page so I wonder if they are listing all the bills.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I got this today from local club :

"RI gun owners need your help!  RI is proposing an additional 10% sales tax on firearms and ammunition.  Please click here to read the proposed RI Budget bill.
From the RI 2nd Amendment Coalition: "Greetings Fellow 2nd Amendment Supporters.  On Tuesday February 12 the Senate will hear testimony on an Additional 10% Tax on all Firearms and Ammunition. This is an incredible attack by Gina Raimondo on our Law Abiding Citizens who want to exercise their Right under the Second Amendment! This will result in Firearms and Ammunition sales being taxed at 17%. We need you at the State House to show your opposition to this attack on your Rights!!!!! The Progressives are not hiding their agenda; it is right out in the open. They want to Ban all firearms and/or make it incredibly expensive to own, purchase and use your firearms. You MUST get involved. You get involved by going to the State House and standing alongside of your brothers and sisters in this fight. We ask you to get two or three friends and come to the State House any time after 3:30 pm. Please wear your Yellow Shirts, be respectful but be vigilant in your opposition!!!! On behalf of both myself and Michael O'Neil, along with the RI Revolver and Rifle Association, Federated RI Sportsmen's Clubs and Rhode Island Firearm Owners League, we are proud to be at your service again this term. I hope to see you all there this Tuesday. "

Link from above :

Bunch Of Bullshit No One Understands That Our Tax Dollars Go To That Most People Wouldn't Support If They Knew What It Really Was And Realized Could Be Spent Doing Actual Good For The State
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Found the new language ...

Article 5 Chapter 70
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Why do we only hear about this shit the day before all the time ?
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I know It's getting worse each year it seems like.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Guys,

Senate hearings have been cancelled.

Glenn
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guys,

Senate hearings have been cancelled.

Glenn
View Quote
Thanks Glenn,

Still sent my email, but helps to not have to drive in the shit--to fight off the bullshit!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top