Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2020 3:43:12 PM EDT
I arrived at 10am when it opened and the parking lot was FULL.

Costco employee at the door was holding a sign that water and toilet paper was limited to two items per customer.

Everyone headed to the toilet paper and water section at the back and found mountains of product.

The only thing they were completely out of was dried beans.

Nobody was wearing a mask.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 12:58:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I will be shopping there in just a few days.

Hopefully they will be well stocked by then.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 3:06:02 AM EDT
[#3]
The Costcos here in Lehi/AF are cleaned out too.

I don't get it. COVID-19 doesn't give you the shits, and the water supply is not at risk.

Hand sanitizer being sold out kind of makes sense but realistically if you just wash your hands with regular soap like a decent civilized human being this isn't a problem anyway.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Hand sanitizer makes perfect sense in cases where soap, water, and a sink are unavailable.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hand sanitizer makes perfect sense in cases where soap, water, and a sink are unavailable.
View Quote
Sure, but how much of the population isn't within walking distance of a restroom in which they could wash their hands with soap and water?
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, if you have three daughters and a wife, you'll understand just how much TP could be used in two weeks. Hint: A lot.

Having said that, we went to Smiths today and bought three 6-packs of Charmin. Same pricing as it usually is. Limited to 5 packs, but we only bought three. Smiths had about 10 pallets full of bottled water set out by the end caps. There was plenty, and it was regular pricing as well.

I did take the opportunity to also go to the local LDS cannery and buy several cases of canned oatmeal, sugar, flour and a few staples. I'd been meaning to do it for a while and figured I'd better get on it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 2:21:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I need to get over there too..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, if you have three daughters and a wife, you'll understand just how much TP could be used in two weeks. Hint: A lot.

Having said that, we went to Smiths today and bought three 6-packs of Charmin. Same pricing as it usually is. Limited to 5 packs, but we only bought three. Smiths had about 10 pallets full of bottled water set out by the end caps. There was plenty, and it was regular pricing as well.

I did take the opportunity to also go to the local LDS cannery and buy several cases of canned oatmeal, sugar, flour and a few staples. I'd been meaning to do it for a while and figured I'd better get on it.
My wife filled up the gas this morning at Sandy Costco. The line for people to enter the building was all the way around the building on both sides. Several hundred people waiting to get in.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 12:34:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
People are losing their minds.  They are the ones causing the problem, not the virus.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife filled up the gas this morning at Sandy Costco. The line for people to enter the building was all the way around the building on both sides. Several hundred people waiting to get in.
People are losing their minds.  They are the ones causing the problem, not the virus.
This is exactly true.

With people out of work and school, afraid to leave, the media is just whipping people into a frenzy.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 11:41:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought I was good on everything until I realized that I was running low on dog food.  Walmart and Winco were out of the kind they like so I went to Petsmart and grabbed six weeks worth, which is what I try to keep on hand.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Brigham out of various items as everyone else. No one seemed panicked but you could feel the urgency in some people. Lot of elderly out shopping with very little in their carts. Middle aged people seemed to be the ones with overflowing carts.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#15]
My wife was down near the Lehi Costco yesterday. Apparently, the police got called because people were fighting over carts full of food.

Also:

Link Posted: 3/14/2020 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Wife stopped by the South Jordan one this morning. Pretty orderly, only allowed 10 people in at a time, TP was handed out at the door one case at a time until it ran out.

She grabbed some bread since we were out but did grab an extra package (we have stuff to make our own if needed) and a couple other items we were out of at the time. She did snag a 25 lb bag of rice though, that was about the only 'panic' buy since we have a few lbs on hand already.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm seeing photos on FB tonight from friends of stores cleaned out of food.  Lucky's on my side of town had a full parking lot at 9PM.

Did I hear somewhere the police shut down a Costco in the Valley due to a riot of some kind?  Can't find it on the news.

This could get violent quickly if people can't get a grip.
View Quote
Yeah wife and I went out to do our regular shopping last night and had to go to 2 Smith's and 1 Walmart just to grab the items we normally buy during the week...and we still ended up not finding any bread

The stores looked ransacked, no milk, no eggs, no cheese, no packaged deli meat, no bread. The pharmacy aisles were empty too, tylenol, fever reducer all that stuff stripped bare.

We did find some milk so grabbed an extra couple gallons, found the cheese and hot dogs on sale we were looking for and decided to hit up Costco this morning for bread.

Smith's is now running limited hours, including 24 hour stores and Winco is not open 24 hours for the time being.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top