BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2022 10:10:46 PM EDT
Got this bird yesterday.
Attachment Attached File

Breasted and quartered.

Attachment Attached File

Cooking wild turkey has always been a little challenging.  It can be very dry and quite tough.  But this year I had a new idea.   I boned it all, and cut it into 2" chunks.  90 minutes in the instapot with nothing but salt and a little liquid smoke.  Then I shredded it.  Got 5 pounds of cooked meat.

Attachment Attached File

It is outstanding.  Tender, moist and great flavor.  We made barbecue sandwiches, tacos, and throw it into salad.  The family has been converted from just eating it to really enjoying it.  Anyway, for the Montana turkey hunters, it is another idea on how to eat your bird.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good. I should buy my tag. Had a nice tom up on the edge of my property the other evening strutting. Had 4 Jakes walk through the yard yesterday evening. One was completely black.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I smoke mine, but that is a great idea!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top