Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2021 12:36:36 PM EDT
I'll be spending a few days in Rochester with the family coming up.

Going to Niagra, playing on the beach, looking for some good wings.

Anybody have any tips or suggestions of what to do, see and eat?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Naval museum in Buffalo.   Fort Niagara 20 min north of Niagara Falls.  Hike the finger lakes south of Rochester, particularly Hemlock and Canadice lakes.  Good fishing.

Rochester is an urban hole, and the burbs are Karen territory.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Condolences
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#3]
ETA carjackings are popular now, even in the burbs immediately surrounding the city.  Last week they tried to fence in an elderly gents car in Irondequoit but a handgun changed their minds.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Curtis museum would be a good day trip, stop at a winery or two too
https://glennhcurtissmuseum.org/
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yes, that's a great place to visit.  Got the beer glasses.    We were there this summer, got some cool pics.
Quoted:
Naval museum in Buffalo.   Fort Niagara 20 min north of Niagara Falls.  Hike the finger lakes south of Rochester, particularly Hemlock and Canadice lakes.  Good fishing.

Rochester is an urban hole, and the burbs are Karen territory.
It's been several years since we've been there, but x2 for that museum.  Be prepared to walk thru 2 ships and a sub, hope you don't have claustrophobia.  

But, pretty much anywhere in the Finger Lakes are is G2G.  I've noticed if you stay out of Monroe county (the one around rottencrotchfester) it's better, as far as mask karens go.  Ontario, Seneca, and other counties are nag-free.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
ETA carjackings are popular now, even in the burbs immediately surrounding the city.  Last week they tried to fence in an elderly gents car in Irondequoit but a handgun changed their minds.
View Quote

Didn't hear about that one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok, what is up with pizza with Mac and cheese, meatballs, bacon and french fries on them?

That is messed up!

Obviously I tried it though
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ok, what is up with pizza with Mac and cheese, meatballs, bacon and french fries on them?

That is messed up!

Obviously I tried it though
View Quote
Must be a regional thing. My late father was from Syracuse and he like "Salted Potatoes". Apparently he would buy a bag of potatoes in most places in Onondaga County and they would come with a bag of salt. My mother was from Queens and she had never heard of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top