Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2021 12:49:52 AM EDT
For anyone who doesn't know, Gov. Abbot called the legislature back into special session on Thursday to address a number of issues that weren't resolved during the regular session that ended May 31. If you remember, the Democrats threw a tantrum and staged a walk-out in the final hours of the session that prevented a number of measures that were set for passage from coming to a vote. As Gov. Abbot promised, they are now back in session to finish that business.

Here is the letter outlining the special session agenda.

There are 11 agenda items to be addressed, including a few big ones: passage of the voting integrity bill, bail reform to prevent dangerous criminals form being released too early, a social media user protection bill that allows users to sue social media companies for censorship, a transgenders scholastic sports ban, and a few other items. I'm not sure what the deal is with the CRT ban, as that legislation was passed by the legislature and signed by the governor during the regular session.

They are tackling the voting integrity bill first, and the Dems are already freaking out about it. Some of them are talking about possibly fleeing the state in order to prevent a quorum, but Gov. Abbot holds the cards here, and can simply continue to call special sessions until they show up for work and do their jobs.

There's some good stuff there, so read the letter and contact your reps if you see anything that interests you.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 2:21:19 AM EDT
[#1]
The bail reform is DUMBocrat DA’s and judges mostly letting career criminals (like 5+ felonies already) out on an OR, or super low bail like $500. This is a huge problem in Harris county.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Redistricting is up also, isn't it?
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Redistricting is up also, isn't it?
View Quote

Gov. Abbot is going to call another special session later on for redistricting. It's not on the agenda for this one.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The bail reform is DUMBocrat DA’s and judges mostly letting career criminals (like 5+ felonies already) out on an OR, or super low bail like $500. This is a huge problem in Harris county.
View Quote

This.  In nearly every shooting & murder, it turns out the Criminal has a LONG criminal past and was frequently out on bail for multiple felonies, including Capital Murder...

Total & Complete insanity to arrest & charge someone for Serious Violent Offenses like Capital Murder & such and then just turn around release them right back to the streets to do it all over again ...
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 4:59:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, how come the answer to stopping repeat offenders is never having them stop offending?

Because no one ever takes responsibility for their own actions?

Yeah, zero bail fixes all that.

I’m so disgusted with Dallas I’m ready to disband the whole city. At this point it’s just a vehicle to screw people out of money and make a halfass job program where nobody works.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This.  In nearly every shooting & murder, it turns out the Criminal has a LONG criminal past and was frequently out on bail for multiple felonies, including Capital Murder...

Total & Complete insanity to arrest & charge someone for Serious Violent Offenses like Capital Murder & such and then just turn around release them right back to the streets to do it all over again ...
View Quote

Sounds like we need some criminal cause to hold those judges accountable.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 6:58:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is what the state is trying to do.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought it was just pushing for further criminal action and mandatory bail revocation of the accused/perp, not against the judges themselves.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 11:18:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I thought it was just pushing for further criminal action and mandatory bail revocation of the accused/perp, not against the judges themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The bill will need some accountability for judges, Texas has had some shitty judges from both parties.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, it looks like the dipshits are gonna do it:

Texas House Democrats preparing to flee the state in move that could block voting restrictions bill, bring Legislature to a halt

These people disgust me. I hope that Phelan and Abbot nail their asses to the wall for it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#11]
They can fucking stay up there until their term in office expires.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Texas House Democrats preparing to flee the state in move that could block voting restrictions bill, bring Legislature to a halt

These people disgust me. I hope that Phelan and Abbot nail their asses to the wall for it.
View Quote

I heard they took 2 planes up to DC, to hang out with Pedo Joe and the Ho.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Scumbags, every one. Hope their planes crash onthe way home.

Or better yet, rounded up, brief trial, and hanged by the neck as traitors and scumbags.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#14]
It was the expected gas huffing Texas Tribute puff piece too, complete with Glamour Shot of all the smiling leftist on a bus, fleeing the state.

The GOP is trying to take Texas back to those dark days of voting - 2019, where you could not vote by mail fraud, or drive in movie voting.

In the end, it will fail, but with the media on their side, it'll be portrayed as a heroic effort to protect the voter from not being able to cast a fraudulent ballot.

There's no time for it this year, but next session the Legislature needs to pass an anti-turd DA law, where a person who's has to use force to protect themselves can avoid being indicted for that just because the DA wants to protect their criminal voting base.  Florida has a pretty good system where a person, if they wish, can present their case to a judge who can rule to end the prosecution.

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yes, how come the answer to stopping repeat offenders is never having them stop offending?

Because no one ever takes responsibility for their own actions?

Yeah, zero bail fixes all that.

I’m so disgusted with Dallas I’m ready to disband the whole city. At this point it’s just a vehicle to screw people out of money and make a halfass job program where nobody works.
View Quote

The Dems don’t want to stop them because they use them as their brown shirts.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It was the expected gas huffing Texas Tribute puff piece too, complete with Glamour Shot of all the smiling leftist on a bus, fleeing the state.

The GOP is trying to take Texas back to those dark days of voting - 2019, where you could not vote by mail fraud, or drive in movie voting.

In the end, it will fail, but with the media on their side, it'll be portrayed as a heroic effort to protect the voter from not being able to cast a fraudulent ballot.

There's no time for it this year, but next session the Legislature needs to pass an anti-turd DA law, where a person who's has to use force to protect themselves can avoid being indicted for that just because the DA wants to protect their criminal voting base.  Florida has a pretty good system where a person, if they wish, can present their case to a judge who can rule to end the prosecution.

View Quote

The media tried to say how heroic the gold digging abortion Barbie was for wearing pink sneakers when she pulled her shit.  That didn’t work out for them and it won’t work out for them this time.  Hopefully wheels will keep calling special sessions and force them to remain out of the state indefinitely.  They will have to go broke or finally loose their seats if they keep it up.  Fuck em all.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#17]
This was posted on a Dallas talk show host fan FB page. If true, I hope the governor and the rest of the Republicans have the guts to follow through.

If a quorum is not present when the House convenes Tuesday, any House member can move to make what’s known as a call of the House to “to secure and maintain a quorum” to consider a certain piece of legislation, resolution or motion, under chamber rules. That motion must be seconded by 15 members and ordered by a majority vote. If that happens, the missing Democrats will become legislative fugitives.
“All absentees for whom no sufficient excuse is made may, by order of a majority of those present, be sent for and arrested, wherever they may be found, by the sergeant-at-arms or an officer appointed by the sergeant-at-arms for that purpose, and their attendance shall be secured and retained,” the House rules state. “The house shall determine on what conditions they shall be discharged.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This was posted on a Dallas talk show host fan FB page. If true, I hope the governor and the rest of the Republicans have the guts to follow through.

View Quote

This is the point why they are out of state.  It makes it hard to arrest them if they are not in the state.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This is the point why they are out of state.  It makes it hard to arrest them if they are not in the state.
View Quote

All absentees for whom no sufficient excuse is made may, by order of a majority of those present, be sent for and arrested, wherever they may be found, by the sergeant-at-arms or an officer appointed by the sergeant-at-arms for that purpose, and their attendance shall be secured and retained,

Who says he has to use a Texas agency to do this?  When they ran off to Oklahoma the last time, DPS couldn't follow. I'm sure someone would oblige if asked if he really wanted to.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The media tried to say how heroic the gold digging abortion Barbie was for wearing pink sneakers when she pulled her shit.  That didn’t work out for them and it won’t work out for them this time.  Hopefully wheels will keep calling special sessions and force them to remain out of the state indefinitely.  They will have to go broke or finally loose their seats if they keep it up.  Fuck em all.
View Quote

Ahh the Abortion Barbie, forgotten about her.  I'll give her this, she had some mad skills - who else could talk for 6 hours extolling the virtues of partial-birth abortions whist pissing into a diaper, as she had one on so she wouldn't have to leave the Senate floor and give up the speaking spot while running out the clock.  

As I said then, if that gal could shit into a diaper while not breaking speaking cadence, I'd wipe her ass and marry her.

Also, what ultimately ran out the clock on that session wasn't her babbling on, as eventually she was ruled out of order and the proceedings continued.  It was a group of demonstrators in the public seats, who screamed and hollered so loud that the Senators on the floor could not conduct business.

So partisan demonstrators walked into a Capitol, and obstructed the official proceedings of an elected body, attempting to do governmental work.  Haven't we been told since 6 Jan that's treason and insurrection?  But was all fun and games back then, not a felony, and certainly not worthy of investigation by the FBI/KGB.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

All absentees for whom no sufficient excuse is made may, by order of a majority of those present, be sent for and arrested, wherever they may be found, by the sergeant-at-arms or an officer appointed by the sergeant-at-arms for that purpose, and their attendance shall be secured and retained,

Who says he has to use a Texas agency to do this?  When they ran off to Oklahoma the last time, DPS couldn't follow. I'm sure someone would oblige if asked if he really wanted to.
View Quote

You really think that the leaders in DC will help?  They will be more then helpful in arresting anyone that comes from Texas to get them.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Ahh the Abortion Barbie, forgotten about her.  I'll give her this, she had some mad skills - who else could talk for 6 hours extolling the virtues of partial-birth abortions whist pissing into a diaper, as she had one on so she wouldn't have to leave the Senate floor and give up the speaking spot while running out the clock.  

As I said then, if that gal could shit into a diaper while not breaking speaking cadence, I'd wipe her ass and marry her.

Also, what ultimately ran out the clock on that session wasn't her babbling on, as eventually she was ruled out of order and the proceedings continued.  It was a group of demonstrators in the public seats, who screamed and hollered so loud that the Senators on the floor could not conduct business.

So partisan demonstrators walked into a Capitol, and obstructed the official proceedings of an elected body, attempting to do governmental work.  Haven't we been told since 6 Jan that's treason and insurrection?  But was all fun and games back then, not a felony, and certainly not worthy of investigation by the FBI/KGB.
View Quote

People committing insurrection in DC happened on and off for 4 years.  Remember the Kavanaugh hearings where they were trying to kick the doors down?  That was just the left trying to exercise their rights per the media.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Or when two hags screamed at Senator Flake in an elevator, and he went all soft and wobby and changed his mind on the timing of the vote in committee?

If the table had been turned, the FBI/KGB would have hunted those two down and changed them with a long list of felonies for interference with the duties of a federal employee.  

Anyway, back on topic - I don't think there are any limits on how many special sessions a Governor can call, so he can keep doing this as long as he wants, going into the 22 election season, when the Democrats will want to be back in the state to campaign.

Closer still, there's the session to re-draw all the seats, and the Democrats would have to boycott that one too, otherwise the vote fraud bill could be brought up then and passed.  

Unlike the anti-vote by mail fraud bills which is a want to have, the Legislature has to re-draw the districts, as Texas has a few additional seats to create.  Not sure how that factors in - would there be different rules for that session with regards to quorum?  Could a court order the Democrats to return for that session to allow for the creation of the new distortions and proper time for candidates to run?  

Even if it did, would the Democrats obey, or use their total control of the media / education / entertainment complex to ignore court rulings as they'd be deemed meanie, and off to the Steven Colbert show to have him toss their salads?

Ahh where's a stray Canadian goose being sucked into an plane engine when you need it.  

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

During the Constitutional Carry hearings of the House the Austin Commie Church that disrupted the hearing for a few until the pages and DPS threw them out.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Anyway, back on topic - I don't think there are any limits on how many special sessions a Governor can call, so he can keep doing this as long as he wants, going into the 22 election season, when the Democrats will want to be back in the state to campaign.

View Quote

You would think the governor would do that but he is a republican and the republican party is full of pussies that have no spine and let the Dems walk all over them while trying to say they are trying to have civility.  For once I would love to see the republicans stop calling people on the other side of the isle their distinguished colleague and actually call them what they are. Awful humans that are racist full of hate and should not be allowed to have any power.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

And why they went to DC.  Good luck getting federal law enforcement to do anything about them there.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You really think that the leaders in DC will help?  They will be more then helpful in arresting anyone that comes from Texas to get them.
View Quote

Nope, that's the one place they can run to and be safe. Now, if they use the parliamentary trick talked about in the first part of that statement, get the 15 seconds, and pass the bill without them, what will they do then?
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You would think the governor would do that but he is a republican and the republican party is full of pussies that have no spine and let the Dems walk all over them while trying to say they are trying to have civility.  For once I would love to see the republicans stop calling people on the other side of the isle their distinguished colleague and actually call them what they are. Awful humans that are racist full of hate and should not be allowed to have any power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was what I like about President Trump, the media treat Republicans like shit, but when the media gets called out for being the shitheads they are they cry like a 4 year old that you took away his candy.

There was a photographer/kind of reporter unloading his stuff before the House hearing on Constitutional Carry. I asked what paper he was from and he said the Statesman. I told the paper was so bad that I quit reading the newspapers because the Statesman was as bad as a Jr. high newspaper. He really got butt hurt and said people treat the media so bad since Trump called them fake media. I said fuck off you cocksuckers deserve it, everything you put out is a fucking lie.

The media will never like us so fuck them, and Republicans need to understand that Democrats are never their friends. Democrats would rather load Republicans into cattle cars to gas us.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nope, that's the one place they can run to and be safe. Now, if they use the parliamentary trick talked about in the first part of that statement, get the 15 seconds, and pass the bill without them, what will they do then?
View Quote

Run to the media and cry RACIST, RACIST, RACIST!
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:41:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

They will most likely puss out and get on their knees to beg them to come back.  The republican should have lots of practice being on their knees.  Their main goal now is to make their gag reflex go away.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Business can't be conducted without a quorum.  Nothing except motions to adjourn, motions for a call to the house, and motions incidental to those will get passed without them.  The motion to compel to attend (the fifteen seconds and majority vote) is incidental to a call to the house.  So they can vote on that that without them, but that's about it.  

https://tlc.texas.gov/docs/legref/HRules.pdf (page 70)

I'm not sure at what point the seat is considered vacated and the governor can call a special election to fill it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 3:26:36 AM EDT
[#32]
If they stay gone for too long, then at some point Governor Abbot should declare their seats to be vacated and filled by special elections, and that the ones in DC are ineligible to run for them.

I don't know how that would happen, but there has to be some point at which you deem the seats vacant. They occupy those seats on a temporary basis, they don't own them.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:38:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Can they be charged with contempt?

mm
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

And why they went to DC.  Good luck getting federal law enforcement to do anything about them there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe an opportunity for the "Private Sector"?  

Governor Abbott could issue "Letters of Marquis" for the the capture & return of wanted Legislators, "where ever they may be found"  
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Looks like the governor may have a back bone and is saying he will keep calling special sessions it looks like.  If that is true then they will have to come back or stay out of the state indefinitely.  What I am not sure about is what if any rules about special sessions are there during an election.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/texas-governor-says-special-sessions-will-continue-texans-oppose-walkouts_3899199.html
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wait!

Are you saying we might be able to semi-legally form an elite strike-rescue team of overweight diabetics with marginal training and apathetic attitudes to go forth and seek out these congressional shirkers and forceably return them to their state of origin for some Texas style justice?

Is that shirtless father and son team from Abilene available?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 2:51:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Looks like the governor may have a back bone and is saying he will keep calling special sessions it looks like.  If that is true then they will have to come back or stay out of the state indefinitely.  What I am not sure about is what if any rules about special sessions are there during an election.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/texas-governor-says-special-sessions-will-continue-texans-oppose-walkouts_3899199.html
View Quote

"If you ignore me, I will keep making noise!"
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Someone explain to Phelan this is why you do not share power with the Democrats.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Someone explain to Phelan this is why you do not share power with the Democrats.
View Quote

There should be rules that legislators who flee the state just to break quorum should be able to be removed from office by a vote of the remaining members and replaced for the remainder of their term by new legislators appointed by the governor.

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because they haven't committed a crime.
The arrest order is valid only in Texas and only for the purposes of maintaining a quorum. Once arrested there is no criminal charge, contempt charge, civil charge or something bad written on their permanent record, the LE who make the arrests merely transport them to the State Capitol. No handcuffs or strip search.

Political theater by both sides.
Dems have pulled this before. Republicans remember that.
Republicans would do the exact same thing if outnumbered by the Dems.

Whether Democrat or Republican, it plays to their base, helps in fundraising and puts them in a national spotlight. Their constituents eat it up, their constituents think the other side is the debil, their constituents will not think ill of them and will continue to vote the same as they did before.

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Has anyone put out a list of who all skipped out? Or maybe easier, who didn't skip town?
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#42]
@DogtownTom

Thanks for the explanation.

mm
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

On a local radio station this morning Abbott said he will keep calling for special sessions through September 1st, when the defunding starts.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

On a local radio station this morning Abbott said he will keep calling for special sessions through September 1st, when the defunding starts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He heard Abbott this afternoon and he was going to keep calling special sessions until the election in 2022.

They put that retard James (Faggot) Talarico on TV, stupid fucker was dripping sweat and stating there are millions in Texas that don’t have a driver’s license in Texas. This asshole makes Bob the Fake Mexican and Eric Cockswallower look smart. He went to Harvard..
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Has anyone put out a list of who all skipped out? Or maybe easier, who didn't skip town?
View Quote

Every (D) except:
Ryan Guillen, Rio Grande City
Tracy King, Batesville
Eddie Morales Jr., Eagle Pass
John Turner, Dallas.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Texas-Gov-Abbott-says-Dems-who-fled-state-over-elections-bill-will-be-arrested-upon-return/5-2469371/&page=3#i93726835
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:19:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Every (D) except:
Tracy King, Batesville
John Turner, Dallas.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Texas-Gov-Abbott-says-Dems-who-fled-state-over-elections-bill-will-be-arrested-upon-return/5-2469371/&page=3#i93726835
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every (D) except:
Tracy King, Batesville
John Turner, Dallas.

Abbott in his interview this afternoon said arrest them, bring them to the Capital and cabin them there. Interesting term to cabin them, maybe not allow them to leave the Capital?
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Because they haven't committed a crime.
The arrest order is valid only in Texas and only for the purposes of maintaining a quorum. Once arrested there is no criminal charge, contempt charge, civil charge or something bad written on their permanent record, the LE who make the arrests merely transport them to the State Capitol. No handcuffs or strip search.

Political theater by both sides.
Dems have pulled this before. Republicans remember that.
Republicans would do the exact same thing if outnumbered by the Dems.

Whether Democrat or Republican, it plays to their base, helps in fundraising and puts them in a national spotlight. Their constituents eat it up, their constituents think the other side is the debil, their constituents will not think ill of them and will continue to vote the same as they did before.

View Quote

Which is all, like I said, the reason they went to DC.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 8:04:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Also now the Texas Democrats are pretty useless in Washington. After they pleaded and pleaded with Manchin and Sinama both said they still support the filibuster. So HB1, and SB1 are stalled, also to change how elections are run they Democrats finally realized it would require a Constitutional Amendment since the Constitution states that election laws and the operation are to set by state legislatures.

So now that Democrats are off to pushing the Pedo Joe ‘inter-structure’ bill of 3+ Trillion dollars. The Texas Democrats are useless to rest of the party. The Democrats pretty much realize they will lose the House in 2022 and good chance losing the Senate too. So they have one chance to get one thing through to damage the county.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#49]
A party in the minority runs off and prevents a vote on legislation they don't want, then lobbies a higher body to get rid of its ability for a party in the minority to prevent a vote of legislation.  Anyone else see the disconnect?

I don't think this is playing very well.  Even the nightly Houston NBC news had a segment on it saying the voting reform would not affect many voters at all, and was generally negative about them running away.  

As I said before, the Legislature has to meet to re-district and draw the lines for the new Congressional seats.  If the Democrats try to run away for that, you'd think a court would order them back for that as without drawing those lines, the election of House seats next year will be in jeopardy, and disenfranchise voters in the new seats.  Then if they're sitting in the Legislature for that, bring up the other things for a vote too.

For the next Session, Abbott should include the re-districting, then if they run off again, have the courts order them to return.  Would be a hoot to seem them try to ignore a court order.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Also now the Texas Democrats are pretty useless in Washington. After they pleaded and pleaded with Manchin and Sinama both said they still support the filibuster. So HB1, and SB1 are stalled, also to change how elections are run they Democrats finally realized it would require a Constitutional Amendment since the Constitution states that election laws and the operation are to set by state legislatures.

So now that Democrats are off to pushing the Pedo Joe ‘inter-structure’ bill of 3+ Trillion dollars. The Texas Democrats are useless to rest of the party. The Democrats pretty much realize they will lose the House in 2022 and good chance losing the Senate too. So they have one chance to get one thing through to damage the county.
View Quote

Now they're squawking about "election infrastructure" - putting it into the $3.5 trillion reconciliation bill they're pretending is an infrastructure bill:

Klobuchar: We Can Pass Voting Rights as ‘Election Infrastructure’ with Reconciliation

They're not going to stop until they get it. Whether it's constitutional or not is not a concern of theirs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top