Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2018 8:31:01 PM EDT
Just thought I'd let everyone know Sovereign Guns in Fuquay is closing, they don't know when yet as they are trying to downsize their inventory before they announce a date.

I'm a fan more of Fuquay Gun and Gold, as Sovereign seems to always be more of a pain to get in/out of coupled with their minimal staff who often were often attractive females who knew minimal about guns. Coupled with their one male staff who always seem to be there that never wanted to dicker on prices.

But currently they are offering 20% the majority of their firearms, though Glock was the one exception I saw.

Picked up a Beretta 92D for $340 OTD
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I was in there about a week ago and saw the store was about half empty.  20% off is not a great deal with most stores, but it's not a bad deal in Sovereign.  Fuquay Gun & Gold has such a good selection and decent prices it is no wonder.  Sucks, though.  Sovereign had some unique offerings, I would always stop in.  BTW, them 92D's were a pretty good deal.  I dropped some 92FS components so mine is now a DA/SA without a safety.  Like a Revolver.  I absolutely HATE that stupid safety on the 92.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was in there about a week ago and saw the store was about half empty.  20% off is not a great deal with most stores, but it's not a bad deal in Sovereign.  Fuquay Gun & Gold has such a good selection and decent prices it is no wonder.  Sucks, though.  Sovereign had some unique offerings, I would always stop in.  BTW, them 92D's were a pretty good deal.  I dropped some 92FS components so mine is now a DA/SA without a safety.  Like a Revolver.  I absolutely HATE that stupid safety on the 92.
View Quote
@BadgerArms

You a Fuquay resident as well?

Every time I went in there, they always had a large selection of surplus stuff but problem I always encountered was getting someone to help me. Once stood there for 5 minutes, after asking to look at a gun in the case with and saying if everything checked out on it I was a cash buyer that day. Wouldn't have been an issue if it hadn't just been me and one other person in the store. And the other guy was a guy who worked at a nearby business just in there on lunch break shooting the breeze.

Fuquay Gun has been my go to store ever since moving to the area from Burlington four years ago. Easier to get in/out of, they were easier to deal with items I wanted to place on layaway, and after awhile got to know some of the guys who work in there. Seems they are more willing to negotiate as well, unlike Sovereign who it seemed to take an act of Congress to get them to budge.

Sovereign was my go to when I wanted something unique or older, reminded me alot of a pawn/gun store in my hometown that closed years ago. Mainly cause you could walk right in and pick up whatever you wanted to see.

Funny thing about the 92D was I was bidding on one they had online. Bid got to $300, was heading that direction to pick up my dog from boarder and decided to stop in before I got him. Just so happened to find it mixed in with all the 92S models they have in the back. Got it for cheaper than I would have if I had won the auction.

I may stop back by at end of the month once I get paid to try to snag a 92S just to have one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I vowed I would never go back
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:22:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You a Fuquay resident as well?
View Quote
No, I live south of the Cape Fear.  It's about 40 minutes away, but it's on the way to Raleigh for me, so whenever I'm going that way, I always stopped by.  Only bought a few surplus things over the years and tried them for ONE transfer.  They were indeed difficult to deal with and hard to find somebody to help you.  Even when you were in there alone, they'd LEAVE you alone.  You had to chase down somebody every time you needed help.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#5]
They always have a lot on gunbroker. I’ve been wanting to drive out the as they have complete Glock slides for around $300, I need one for my poly80 build. But it’s like a 2hour drive for me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They always have a lot on gunbroker. I’ve been wanting to drive out the as they have complete Glock slides for around $300, I need one for my poly80 build. But it’s like a 2hour drive for me.
View Quote
@Hellafunctional
They've got a whole case full of Glock stuff, from factory frames and slides to a bunch of Polymer 80 dtuffy.

I don't remember the discount they were given on that stuff but alot of people in there buying
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Darn, I’m kinda mixed on this.
I bought my first lower from Kiran back when he was at the old location in Angier.

Still my favorite AR, it was a stag lower only because the deer roll mark looked cool

But the fuquay store always seemed dead for the location and size of that building. Lots of old stuff collecting dust and rarely someone eager to help.

Contrast that with Clay’s outfit where 3 people greet you and are ready to help the moment you enter  it doesn’t suppose me they’re closing.

Oh well, maybe I’ll swing by to see if anything good is left.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I've always had a love/hate relationship with Sovereign. I think I've bought maybe two guns from them in the years I've dealt with them. Both were Berettas, since they seem to be the only store near me that carries many police surplus. Bought a few surplus from them, but always felt they were over priced and would only do so it I needed an item that day and didn't want to wait on shipping.

The other year I was in there just to look around and got to speaking to the guy there. He was asking me what I collected, told him I mainly liked older military surplus, ARs, and Berettas but did own others. He asked me if I had any I was interested in selling cause he had a buyer looking for a M44 and a M38, both of which I had. Needing money for a new roof, so I agreed to bring them in. Granted they had both sitting on the rack asking $450 but I didn't ask why the guy jusg didn't buy those.

Brought them, let them look them over while I kicked around the store. Called me back over, offered me $150 for the M44 and $180 for the M38. I know they have to make money, but not on my back.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I've dealt with Sovereign on multiple occasions and they've always been very nice. I've waited a lot of the times for them to get other stuff all set, but not a big deal. My first experience was having them install sights on a VP9 and they had scratched up the slide. They made things right with me and then some, so I kept going back for transfers. I know transfers aren't much business for them, but I typically do a lot of trading with folks and not a ton of buying really. It sucks that another gun store is gone, but it's pushed me over the edge to apply for my own FFL so I can do stuff out of the home in my free time.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Did you see any older berettas like 84 or 85 in there?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did you see any older berettas like 84 or 85 in there?
Thanks
View Quote
@Fishnfool1991

They had plenty of 92S models, one Beretta 74, and I THINK I remember seeing a Beretta 84 but not 100% sure cause they keep all the 380 guns in one case and I normally don't look.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:46:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Awesome, I’ll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the reply!
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Awesome, I’ll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the reply!
View Quote
@Fishnfool1991

Did they have any?
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 1:37:13 AM EDT
[#14]
unfortunately no, Perry’s has an 85fs on consignment for $500 but I’d like for it to drop some.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Look at SOG .What ever shotgun news is called this day had a some of the. I dont recall the price now.. Sog had a 4 page add for guns..

I'm in Ny fixing my house up to put it on the market.. When i get back to NC ill take a look and tell you what they were going for..

thanks..
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I was wrong it was not SOG it was jgsales.. My wife sent me the pic tonight

http://www.jgsales.com/beretta-84-cheetah-semi-auto-pistol,-380acp,-blued,-wood-grips,-g-vg,-used.-p-101851.html

http://www.jgsales.com/beretta-84f-cheetah-semi-auto-pistol,-380acp,-blued,-black-grips,-g-vg,-used.-p-101852.html

Link Posted: 10/15/2018 12:22:09 AM EDT
[#17]
That’s awesome, thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top