Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2020 4:40:04 PM EDT
I of course could buy online, but that $50 shipping and having to buy X lbs of powder ($250-300 for an occasional outing and then having 5lbs of powder sitting around is a bit steep) are kind of a turn off. Is there anyplace that isn't too far off from Arlington to buy black powder from? I just want to pick up some 2F and 3F. Most LGS of course don't carry anything except BP substitutes.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Cabelas.

That would be my first try. Not sure if they have any instock.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Blackpowderva.com

Back Creek Gun Shop just north of Winchester.  It’s on the same site as Fort Shenandoah, where they host NSSA events.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Blackpowderva.com

Back Creek Gun Shop just north of Winchester.  It’s on the same site as Fort Shenandoah, where they host NSSA events.
View Quote

Cabelas only has BP substitute.

I'll have to check Back Creek gun shop. Unfortunately its 1.5 hours away so not easy to fit in with my current work schedule.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#4]
It's been about 3 or 4 years since I bought any, but Clark Brothers just south of Warrenton used to be the only place I could find real Black Powder.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Looked everywhere last year. Nobody had any , bass pro even had it on their website drove down for nothing , no longer stocked. ordered it from Graft and sons.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Blackpowderva.com

View Quote

if this is the guy with the house and small white painted shop on the exit road out of Ft Shenandoah,   he has plenty (or did when I stopped by a couple years ago) and is a hell of a nice guy to deal with,

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:35:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

if this is the guy with the house and small white painted shop on the exit road out of Ft Shenandoah,   he has plenty (or did when I stopped by a couple years ago) and is a hell of a nice guy to deal with,

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blackpowderva.com

Yep, that’s the guy.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

$21 per pound for Goex, but up $1 next month because his supplier raised their price. Call and set up a time before you drive out there,  but he's a real nice guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top