Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2022 1:00:59 PM EDT
Fix is definitely in. laRosa is saying Blystones campaign violated campaign finance laws and must return $100k.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2022/03/ohio-gop-governor-candidate-joe-blystone-ordered-to-return-more-than-100000-in-campaign-donations.html

We need to get everyone out for the primary. They are gunning hard to keep him out and keep lil mikey
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I really hope this backfires.
If Dewine is the Repub nominee, I'll have a hard time pulling that lever.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#2]
If deswine is the nominee I will write in mickey mouse.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I won't  vote for Dewine no matter what.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Gun laws have dramatically improved under DeWine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

What does DeWine have to do with gun laws that are passed out of the legislature with veto proof majorities?

Here's maybe a hint - Why has he sat on them without signing or signing last minute, and how has that helped with gun law improvement?

You know what he could have done to help? Sign them as fast as possible in order for them to go into effect as fast as possible.

NO - his good, as in being kept in check by the legislature has been FAR FAR FAR exceeded by his bad, borderline evil.

Taft - Kasich - DeWine - all piece of shit liberals walking around pretending to be conservatives.

As my mother always says, "everyone gets what they deserve in the end, hopefully we are still around to get to see it"
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Gun laws have dramatically improved under in spite of DeWine.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

<SNIP>

As my mother always says, "everyone gets what they deserve in the end, hopefully we are still around to get to see it"
View Quote
That's fantastic!
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What does DeWine have to do with gun laws that are passed out of the legislature with veto proof majorities?

Here's maybe a hint - Why has he sat on them without signing or signing last minute, and how has that helped with gun law improvement?

You know what he could have done to help? Sign them as fast as possible in order for them to go into effect as fast as possible.

NO - his good, as in being kept in check by the legislature has been FAR FAR FAR exceeded by his bad, borderline evil.

Taft - Kasich - DeWine - all piece of shit liberals walking around pretending to be conservatives.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t let facts get on the way of your opinion, but Constitutional carry DID NOT pass with a veto proof majority. Only 57 votes in the house.

Therefore, DeWine did keep his campaign promise and kept it honorably.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Don't let facts get on the way of your opinion, but Constitutional carry DID NOT pass with a veto proof majority. Only 57 votes in the house.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't let facts get on the way of your opinion, but Constitutional carry DID NOT pass with a veto proof majority. Only 57 votes in the house.

True. But he's also looking at an election that may be his to lose (as he sees it).

eta, Dewine was never an honorable man in the Senate, that's why he lost to Brown. Maybe he has changed his stripes; maybe not. JMHO
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 6:28:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I really hope this backfires.
If Dewine is the Repub nominee, I'll have a hard time pulling that lever.
View Quote
If Nan Whaley is the Democrat candidate, I'll have an easy time.  She embodies everything people hate about politics. I work for the City of Dayton, so this is absolutely personal to me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 7:58:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Therefore, DeWine did keep his campaign promise and kept it honorably at the last second before it became law anyway.
View Quote

Fixed it for you.

What's the over/under he was confirming the override behind the scene to see if he could get away with vetoing the bill?

He had 10 days to sign it and chose not to do so until the last minute to not lose more votes.

If this is how he acts when he is up for re-election, how do you think it will go when he doesn't have the option.

Simp for him all you like, he doesn't deserve any credit or mention for getting this bill passed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

What's the over/under he was confirming the override behind the scene to see if he could get away with vetoing the bill?

He had 10 days to sign it and chose not to do so until the last minute to not lose more votes.

If this is how he acts when he is up for re-election, how do you think it will go when he doesn't have the option.

Simp for him all you like, he doesn't deserve any credit or mention for getting this bill passed.
View Quote
That is what I think he was doing as well.  The language about having to make "tough decisions" while we were waiting suggests to me that he was opposed to the bill.  Either way though he did sign it. Ultimately it's irrelevant to me though.  After his Covid shenanigans I'll never vote for him in a primary again.  I won't cut off my nose to spite my face if he's the candidate in the general but I will do my part to try to keep that from happening.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 8:12:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That is what I think he was doing as well.  The language about having to make "tough decisions" while we were waiting suggests to me that he was opposed to the bill.  Either way though he did sign it. Ultimately it's irrelevant to me though.  After his Covid shenanigans I'll never vote for him in a primary again.  I won't cut off my nose to spite my face if he's the candidate in the general but I will do my part to try to keep that from happening.
View Quote

Yep. I don't know how anyone who's paid attention to DeWine and his lukewarm, at best, support for gun rights, thinks he signed Constitutional Carry for any reason other than he's worried about re-election.

The guy is about as left leaning as you can get, without having to switch parties.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Unless I'm wrong, he will be term limited if he gets re-elected. As such, I don't really see any pro 2A bills becoming law during the next 4 years unless they get passed with a veto proof majority.

It wouldn't be any different if Nan Whaley takes his place either.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#17]
I told my son to register this week, deadline is Monday for primary.
He will be 18 this summer and can vote in the primary at 17.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top