Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2023 12:01:24 PM EDT
Going through the October Boulder Rifle Club newsletter, I see this that makes me smile:

[Female name redacted], age 8, shot a perfect 10 for 10 and parlayed her clean score into a win over all competitors, including adults, at the second annual Boulder Rifle Club mini-biathlon.  While the adults were going round and round the penalty loop, atoning for how many missed shots they had fired, [she] was out on the main loop, building an insurmountable lead.

It just made me smile.  The picture shows a cute little girl wearing a bright flowery fleece and holding her .177 pellet rifle.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#1]
That's awesome. congrats to her!

By the way,
My father in law has been a member of that club for a long, long time. He's always there it seems.

You may know him.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's awesome. congrats to her!

By the way,
My father in law has been a member of that club for a long, long time. He's always there it seems.

You may know him.
View Quote

It's definitely possible, but likely more by sight than by name.  I tend to shoot more at the north range, which is smaller and a lot less busy.

For anyone who just thought, Boulder has a rifle club?!  Yes.  boulderrifleclub.com  It's been around since 1923, and was the Boulder Gun Club before that going back to at least the 1880s.  The county commissioners hate us and fuck with us any and every way they can.

I think the waiting list is up around 20 years at this point.  Adult membership is capped at 500, and members of the junior shooting programs (which are excellent!) who turn 18 are placed at the head of the line.

Public Range Days are starting NOW for the fall.  
There are competitions and leagues you can attend.
The Boulder Police and the Boulder County Sheriffs Department use our facilities for training.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 2:24:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's definitely possible, but likely more by sight than by name.  I tend to shoot more at the north range, which is smaller and a lot less busy.

For anyone who just thought, Boulder has a rifle club?!  Yes.  boulderrifleclub.com  It's been around since 1923, and was the Boulder Gun Club before that going back to at least the 1880s.  The county commissioners hate us and fuck with us any and every way they can.

I think the waiting list is up around 20 years at this point.  Adult membership is capped at 500, and members of the junior shooting programs (which are excellent!) who turn 18 are placed at the head of the line.

Public Range Days are starting NOW for the fall.  
There are competitions and leagues you can attend.
The Boulder Police and the Boulder County Sheriffs Department use our facilities for training.
View Quote

Yes, the one that used to be a landfill.

Got to watch Boulder County SWAT blow some trucks up

Attachment Attached File
Top Top