Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2022 2:38:32 PM EDT
I thought this was interesting.  The article describes a unilateral change to a "contract" between solar power generating customers and their utility companies.  It is a 75% rate reduction being paid for the solar power pumped into the grid by homeowners.  

I did not see any discussion of rate changes for "commercial" providers (for example, large scale solar farms, typically out in the desert areas).

There are a lot of technical reasons quoted but the action was initiated based on "green justice" and "social justice" principles.

No matter the justifications, this rate reduction will stifle solar power installations on homes, as payback times will increase.

Link to Article
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#1]
It is only for residential because residential was the only ones who ever got it. Everyone else sells there energy at the market rate, residential got the top sale rate which was BS but was always intended to promote solar adoption.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe I was wrong, but I thought that the grid paid you off peak rates, despite the fact that you were supplying power during peak times.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Having solar just means that the poors pay most of your energy costs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top