Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2018 11:52:14 PM EDT
She makes me sick.

On the upside, she's good for a laugh.  I hope her class didn't cost any money.  

Tim,
Thank you for your email. I take an oath to the US and Iowa Constitutions, including the 2nd amendment.  I support safe and lawful ownership of firearms and do not believe we will ever remove guns from law-abiding and safe owners.  There have been no gun restriction laws considered this year by the Iowa Legislature.  However, I worked with crime victims for 38 years and witnessed the damage and sorrow caused by people who shouldn't have guns.

With every American freedom we cherish, there are responsible limits and precautions important to public health and safety.  We have a constitutional right to freedom of speech, but have laws against slander, libel, and yelling fire in a theatre.  We have constitutional freedom of religion, but have laws against sacrificing animals and use of illegal drugs in religious ceremonies.

I don't support taking firearms away from the people of America.  I only want to keep handguns and military weapons out of the hands of people who might shoot you and other good people.

Data shows that background checks do save lives.  In states with background checks on handgun sales, 46% fewer women are killed by intimate partners, there are 48% fewer firearm suicides, and 48% fewer on-duty police officers are shot to death.

States with the weakest gun laws have some of the highest gun death rates in the nation -- Mississippi and Alaska, rank 1 and 4 out of 50 states.  States with stronger gun laws have some of the lowest gun death rates in the country -- California and Massachusetts rank 43 and 50 out of 50 states.

My Dad, brothers, cousins, and many of my friends, enjoy hunting as well as collecting firearms.  I took a class on weaponry and do warn them about using their AR-15s for home and family protection.  These semi-automatic firearms trajectories can easily cover over 150 feet and go through floors, walls and windows.  To avoid shooting a family member or neighbor, please use other guns to protect your home and family.

Thank you again for writing to me and helping me better represent you.
View Quote
It's hard for me to reply back with anything other than "You're lying, you do want to ban guns, and you've outed yourself (again) as a fucking moron."
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
150 ft trajectory dam that's like --- 50 yards  --- we certainly cant have rifles that shoot as far as my BOW AND ARROW.   OMG they go through glass windows that rates right up there with BB guns.   WOW just WOW!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
150 ft trajectory dam that's like --- 50 yards  --- we certainly cant have rifles that shoot as far as my BOW AND ARROW.   OMG they go through glass windows that rates right up there with BB guns.   WOW just WOW!!!
View Quote
Not to defend her but I think the 150ft is in regards to shooting an ar in your home. Know your target and what’s behind it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Alright so IFC has outed this moron as another MDA shill getting funds from out of state. Is there someone running against her that is pro-2a?
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 9:16:12 PM EDT
[#4]

"Data shows that background checks do save lives. In states with background checks on handgun sales, 46% fewer women are killed by intimate partners, there are 48% fewer firearm suicides, and 48% fewer on-duty police officers are shot to death.

States with the weakest gun laws have some of the highest gun death rates in the nation -- Mississippi and Alaska, rank 1 and 4 out of 50 states. States with stronger gun laws have some of the lowest gun death rates in the country -- California and Massachusetts rank 43 and 50 out of 50 states."
View Quote
Where is this "data" coming from.... I find it hard to beleive those numbers/statistics are ture....
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 3:43:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for your email. I take an oath to the US and Iowa Constitutions, including the 2nd amendment. I support safe and lawful ownership of firearms and do not believe we will ever remove guns from law-abiding and safe owners. There have been no gun restriction laws considered this year by the Iowa Legislature. However, I worked with crime victims for 38 years and witnessed the damage and sorrow caused by people who shouldn't have guns.
View Quote
That's worded in such a way that it sounds like she's lamenting that opinion (which I'm sure she is).
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top