Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2024 12:19:05 AM EDT
WTF was all that about. I knew it was supposed to rain but fucking TORNADOS and severe t-storms? Touchdown north of Albany and one near Stoughton. HUGE funnel cloud showing rotation in Monroe. We got hail here up to 1/2-5/8". Before the hail it got eerily calm, started a light rain, the moderate then the hail started. Spent 30 min in the secure room with the dog watching the tv in there. He doesnt like the basement so he was nervous. Was watching the seciruty cams and could hear the tornado sirens.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 3:04:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, one of them was way too close for comfort. My stomach tightened up a little when I heard them issue a PDS on it. I don't think it warranted that, and I'm a little annoyed at them throwing that designation out when a storm doesn't warrant it. Glad I got out of this one with only some hail.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 3:23:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, stuff got spicy.

I was on the way to take my middle boy to baseball practice...ended up directly in the path of the Monroe storm.  I didn't want to turn around because it was going to put me in the path longer than going forward, so I kept going and skirted myself in-between cells.  Got behind it, and headed back home.  Only got some hail, not sure if it put any dents in the truck or not...but it had some hail dents when I bought it, so no big deal.  

Never had any wind or crazy stuff.  Just hail and some very suspicious clouds.  

I hear there is some pretty nasty damage over in the Evansville/Edgerton area.  Hope everyone is safe over there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I got stuck in a very small cell of heavy hail. That and the rain took care of most of the snow in the yard.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 2:15:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Krazny13] [#4]
Heard it go past.  Lost power for about 10 hours.  Internet was still out when I left for work.

Honestly, the media and .gov are over hyping it.  Some localized damage from what i have seen and heard about, but nothing too out of the ordinary for an EF0/1.  They had 14 closed a lot longer than it probably should have been.   Made the morning commute a lot more time consuming than it should have been.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top