Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2020 11:02:05 PM EDT
Staying @ the uptown Hilton off 40 for a conference and some training.  Any places I need to check out/eat at/avoid like MLK Blvd?  Don't have a ton of free time but...
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't leave anything in your vehicle overnight, as it will be gone the next morning.

Nuclear Museum is in that area and well worth a look.  A trip up to the top of the Sandia's is a good waste of time.
Give Garduno's a try for food, you might like the atmosphere, as well as the margaritas.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't leave anything in your vehicle overnight, as it will be gone the next morning.

Nuclear Museum is in that area and well worth a look.  A trip up to the top of the Sandia's is a good waste of time.
Give Garduno's a try for food, you might like the atmosphere, as well as the margaritas.
View Quote
He is very serious about not leaving anything in your vehicle.  There are always stories in the news about people visiting Alb, or driving through only to have their stuff stolen from their car.  I remember going to an archery store and overhearing a conversation between two guys from TX and the store clerk.  The guys from TX were in NM for a bow hunting trip, and some shitbags stole their trailer, and everything in their truck while they were sleeping at a hotel.  The guys were buying new bows and other equipment to keep their hunting trip alive.

For what to see, I would drive to the top of Sandia Peak.  Drive up on the paved road, then drive down the gravel road going to Placitas (if you have a truck) on your way down.  There are some old Spanish mission ruins that are interesting to see.  They are about a 40 min drive from Alb.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I forgot to add, don't go anywhere south of I-40.  The university area is high crime too.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Won't have a car but can Uber most places.   I'm sad to see there's no reciprocal ccw with PA bc I feel naked without a gun.  I may just hit total wine and sit by the pool.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:01:06 AM EDT
[#5]
We have a good amount of local Breweries, if Beer isn’t your vice Broken Trail Distillery isn’t far from where you’re staying. I think Laguna burger is pretty decent but may be further than you want to go for food. Koda Bakery makes a good Bánh mì but it’s in the war zone. Basil leaf has some good Pho. I think most of the New Mexican restaurants in the area are pretty similar.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:17:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We have a good amount of local Breweries, if Beer isn't your vice Broken Trail Distillery isn't far from where you're staying. I think Laguna burger is pretty decent but may be further than you want to go for food. Koda Bakery makes a good Bnh m but it's in the war zone. Basil leaf has some good Pho. I think most of the New Mexican restaurants in the area are pretty similar.
View Quote
Beer is my vice but I like vice .  And Pittsburgh has no pho.  I will definitely check them out.  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top