Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2018 1:08:51 PM EDT
Now, I know that by law we are limited to 10 round magazines. However, I read in two different online sources today that we are only allowed to load them with seven rounds unless we are at an "official" shooting range. I thought this limitation went away with the whole "seven round magazines only" nonsense that the courts struck down.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Mag holds 10 rounds, have 11 in the gun.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah the 7 round law was struck as unconstitutional, the state just doesn't want to officially remove it from the law...even though they can't prosecute for it.

Mind you, the 7 round law was not struck down because it's wrong to limit us to 7 rounds, but because it makes no sense to allow 10 round mags, and force people to under-load them to 7...because criminals wouldn't follow that law.

The court said they would have been fine with it if NY just ourtright banned all mags over 7 rounds though. Fucking assholes.

So yeah 10 rounds is the law. For now.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Bear in mind the state of New York will use every opportunity to limit your gun rights they can including not updating info struck down by legal decision. There are plenty of people referencing outdated stuff that should have been corrected years ago but for the commie NY politicos and the appointees that reap the benefits of being communist underlings. One of the multiple reasons I say like I did vote with your feet- leave New york and tell them to stuff it.
With the exception of aiding a ill/ dying close friend or family there is NO Reason whatsoever to stay in New York as a gun owner !
Those that have state jobs waiting on retirement I can sort of understand but if you don’t move the day after you retire you are making a huge mistake, let all good law abiding tax paying gun owners leave and let the state circle the drain, and applaud its demise
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing says "don't fuck with me" quite like a severed head on a pike.  But just stick to 10 round mags and that shouldn't be an issue...
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#5]
7 round mags was seriously proposed but never passed into law.

7 rounds in 10 round mags was passed but later struck down as excessively stupid.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Note that judge scratchy said 7 was arbitrary and struck it down then later made reference to a 10 round mag.  He did not say the limit is 10.  But seems like everyone was so busy reading “10” nobody actually thought it out so now it’s de facto standard for owners and LEO alike.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top