Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2021 4:55:32 AM EDT
Fred County VA

8 to 12 predicted

If storm turns southwest,possible 12 to 18 !!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#1]
NW Loudoun County. Snow has just about stopped here. Only occasional tiny flakes coming down. About an inch or so on my deck.

8:18AM Snowing fairly heavily. 3 or 4 inches or so on my deck.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:00:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Snowing in Richmond
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#3]
2 to 3 inches in Louisa.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Snowing in Northern Neck.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Kids are finally having fun!  No masks either!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Hard to tell exactly how much has fallen as the wind is blowing it around a good bit, but there's probably 4" or so on the ground here in Western Loudoun.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I set my alarm to see it start around 5. Already about 2 inches in Spot. My son and I shoveled the drive around 10 and there was about 4-5 inches by then. It's been stopping and starting since then. Side roads were still poor around 1030-1100 when I went out. I have a FWD car and didn't have a huge amount of trouble, just a little slick. There was one car that slid off of Brock Road on the sharp banked turn right before Route 3. On the way home there was a truck spun around in a ditch with a car in the ditch on the left lane side. Someone in one of the houses on Brock was pulling the car out with a winch. The only time I was concerned since it's hilly there and the aforementioned banked sharp turn. I stopped at the small hill before hand so I could use gravity to my advantage and putted back home with no issue. Temps were around 34-36 degrees, so I'm sure there will be a big refreeze at some point tonight.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like we received 4 inches give or take in my part of Hanover Co.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:41:39 AM EDT
[#9]
3/4 inches at my house in Mechanicsville .
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I got up at around 0430.  Nothing.  I went to the kitchen to get the coffee going at about 0600 and evething outside was white.  Like someone dropped a blanket over everything.  Later it rained on top of it.

I went out about 1230 hrs. gave the dogs some chicken pickings from a baked chicken and left overs from my in-laws dinner the day before and the two big guys (young, too) were wet and nasty where they'd been out playing in the snow.  The old guy was dry as could be a he sits on their covered porch and watches the young ones get wet/dirty.

Then I grabbed the old snow shovel and got the garage apron, sidewalk, steps, front/back porch and a path across the deck.

Old shovel.  Damn near as old as I am.  I used that shovel on the driveway and sidewalk at Minot AFB back in 1967/68/69 when dad was stationed there.  It went all over the country with us after that and then to WV when he retired in 1975.  He used around the house/sheds up there for years and gave it to me when he got his first snow blower.  I don't use it much.  Some winters not at all.  But every time I pick it up I remember Minot AFB.

This morning my back is stiff/sore, my shoulders are stiff/sore, my right leg (not the left for some reason) and my left arm, just a little.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:06:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I went out and got a snowblower cause I heard all these crazy snow stories about Virginia.

I'm disappointed

But I got two more batteries for my Ego mower with the snow blower so that's cool.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Lightly snowing right now about 18 miles south of Richmond.  Not supposed to accumulate much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top