BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]
UPS and FedEx stopped accepting packages from several high volume retailers. Guess who is the carrier that gets those packages ?  USPS.  They’re not allowed to refuse legal packages.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/12/02/ups-places-shipping-limits-on-some-retailers-as-holiday-shopping-heats-up-report-says-.html
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
UPS and FedEx stopped accepting packages from several high volume retailers. Guess who is the carrier that gets those packages ?  USPS.  They’re not allowed to refuse legal packages.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/12/02/ups-places-shipping-limits-on-some-retailers-as-holiday-shopping-heats-up-report-says-.html
View Quote

It is what it is. They are getting hit in all directions I guess.

I received a package that shipped a week ago and have packages that shipped over 3 weeks and nothing. I think it's bigger packages for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Digital_Chaos nailed it:

Its the Union and all this Covid BS that has created this crap ... nothing more.
View Quote

I got a surprise for these USPS folks - I've pretty well bought my last .55 stamp and will quit using them. PERIOD.

Two can play this game.

Hit 'em in the pocketbook.

Guess the "COVID-Mania" got this one...

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 7:53:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Got an update early this a.m. that my package shipped from TN on 12/4 has made it to Cinci. Getting closer to Dayton. This is the first update on the tracking since 12/12. Maybe with the Christmas mailing rush over, people's stuff will start trickling in.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 6:18:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I finally got the one from the EE swap.. Shipped on the 6th of December from AZ delivered on the 3rd...
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I have finally received all of my domestic shipments. The last one - from MI, shipped 12/10 - arrived today.

Still have something coming from the UK that will inevitably pass through USPS, but I wouldn't expect it to be here until sometime this week even normally. (No tracking on it either, so no way to know where it is at the moment.)
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 6:56:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I received a Christmas card from my next door neighbor that was postmarked on 12-16-20, but I didn't receive it until 12-28-20.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree with the previous posters, I am done with the USPS.  Will pay for the upcharge in shipping prices, no matter the cost, to get FedUP and UPS to deliver.

Friend requested an absentee ballot this past election.  He hadn't received it and called the Board of Elections to inquire as to its whereabouts.  They told him it had been mailed two weeks previous.  He went down Thursday and completed a provisional ballot.  BoE called the next day to tell him his ballot was returned, marked "Invalid Address".  He said that was funny, since he has received political ads at the address which he assumes they got from the voter registration rolls.  "Couldn't be the 2'x4' Trump sign next to my mailbox?", he replied.  No response.

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Apparently the Eastern PA area post offices are a mess too. Sent a package on December 11th priority mail from Cleveland and spent a couple of weeks in Akron before coming back up to Cleveland and now it's somewhere in the Harrisburg distribution center ... what a joke.

Anybody try filing a claim with them for holiday packages?
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I wonder when its going to clean up from the holiday mess?

I got my vehicle renewals yesterday, that was 2 weeks on the dot from click online to door. I'm still waiting on a package that had no shipping options (USPS only). It's been sitting in Indianapolis for a week now, and it was purchased before Christmas.

The only good thing I am seeing, if its Amazon, they must drop a truck at the local USPS because those packages are on time every time.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Well I've made it through the shipping debacle largely unscathed, but apparently it's going to catch up to me now. Ordered a holster, and the manufacturer shipped "Mail Innovations", where UPS carries it 90% of the way, then drops it off with USPS for the delivery. UPS was spot on with scans and updates, then as soon as it goes onto a truck to get delivered to USPS, haven't seen any movement in 72 hours. Somewhere out there, my package is within 30 mins of me .
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:47:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I ordered a swampfox Liberty New years day.  Amazon says delivery the 12th or 13th.  I hope it's coming through Amazon and not USPS.
View Quote

Good luck! Amazon hasn't missed a beat for us!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top