Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2024 6:45:39 PM EDT
Hi all,

I am heading up to Strawberry for the weekend, and wondering if they still have snow up there from the storms, and if so, and recommendations for a place to sled...

And any other ideas for cool things up there, Strawberry, Pine, Payson, etc.

TIA
-CG
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 10:34:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: freeride21a] [#1]
It's melting off pretty fast at our family cabin in pine at about 6000ft.  Plenty enough to make a snowman or snowball fight, but patchy for sledding.  your best bet is to go just up to the top of the rim, there is gonna be tons more snow and better spots to sled.  Just find a turn out that is safe to park and go explore.

You might get lucky on the north side of stuff near strawberry too.

Attachment Attached File

Few hrs ago..
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By freeride21a:
It's melting off pretty fast at our family cabin in pine at about 6000ft.  Plenty enough to make a snowman or snowball fight, but patchy for sledding.  your best bet is to go just up to the top of the rim, there is gonna be tons more snow and better spots to sled.  Just find a turn out that is safe to park and go explore.

You might get lucky on the north side of stuff near strawberry too.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/21179/1000022989_png-3130644.JPG
View Quote

A buddy's parents use to have a cabin near Starlight Pines when we were in HS, we would sled at the Snow Recreation area at the 260/87 jct a lot in the 80's!
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 12:45:17 AM EDT
[#3]
In that circled area where freeride21a posted is Cinch Hill that is known for sledding with parking at the Hwy 260/Hwy 87 intersection.  I have never sledded there so I cannot give you a first hand account.

Cinch Hill
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 2:00:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mmsSierra:
In that circled area where freeride21a posted is Cinch Hill that is known for sledding with parking at the Hwy 260/Hwy 87 intersection.  I have never sledded there so I cannot give you a first hand account.

Cinch Hill
View Quote

It might or might not be accessable, ive never tried to sled there, but when we drive by they do make it look like they dont want you there now.. fences, signs, no parking stuff.  It used to not be like that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:40:50 AM EDT
[#5]

It might or might not be accessable, ive never tried to sled there, but when we drive by they do make it look like they dont want you there now.. fences, signs, no parking stuff.  It used to not be like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mmsSierra:

Cinch Hill

Its a bummer but I see why.

Any time I drive 260 / 87 / Lake Mary there are a bunch of spots just trashed with broken sleds and fast food trash

Good luck on finding good sled snow, look for a north face with shade
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CowboyGunner:
Hi all,

I am heading up to Strawberry for the weekend, and wondering if they still have snow up there from the storms, and if so, and recommendations for a place to sled...

And any other ideas for cool things up there, Strawberry, Pine, Payson, etc.

TIA
-CG
View Quote

Are you military, guard or mil retired?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top