Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2018 3:36:44 PM EDT
When I am in Corvallis OR. I like to stop by Sky High Brewing. I did a short video review of their fine pilsner bier. :-)
Click here to watch
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 12:28:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Was there yesterday on the roof with my wife sipping a Freewheel IPA. She had a margaurita... which was awful. WAY too sweet and syrupy. That aside, we're there relatively often and generally enjoy it, and they have menu items she can eat. Personally, I like Block 15 much better though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was there yesterday on the roof with my wife sipping a Freewheel IPA. She had a margaurita... which was awful. WAY too sweet and syrupy. That aside, we're there relatively often and generally enjoy it, and they have menu items she can eat. Personally, I like Block 15 much better though.
View Quote
Do you like the beer better at Block 15? I went there years ago, but don't remember a lot about it. I am a lover of well made European Lagers, so Sky High has become my normal stop. Perhaps I need to make a point of visiting Block 15 the next time I am in town.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#3]
As an IPA guy, I generally do like Block 15s brews better, but I try to take it on a case by case basis. I definitely like their food better. Plus, I really enjoy a couple of other places in town (Taco Vino and Vinwood Taphouse) that generally have Block 15 beers on tap. I don't recall seeing Sky High brews sold elsewhere, but I may not have been looking either.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Block 15 Sticky Hands FTW.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 11:58:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Block 15 Sticky Hands FTW.
View Quote
Yep. Love it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Just moved up that way to Lebanon.  Sky High has been mentioned several times and the wife and I have been talking about going.  We'll have to make it happen
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#7]
If you head just a few miles further west to Philomath, hit Vinwood Taphouse. They have a pretty large tap selection, and they're food is excellent (I'm partial to their French Dipped and Firehouse Burger), and the staff is super-friendly.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I go to Sky high fairly often, I like having a beer on the roof with whoever is around. I do think that Block 15 is noticeably better food and beer wise, I go to the taproom in south town all the time since I have family that works there.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice...have a daughter at OSU and the wife and I visit monthly. Was unaware of these folks, and I love a pils
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 5:36:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Late to the thread as usual... but Sky High is my go-to as well. However I do particularly enjoy the Drunken Onion at Flat Tail too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top