Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2024 12:39:20 AM EDT
First time at the sig flagship shop was today.
Great products, displays, setup, organized, etc.

Have you guys done any classes with sig?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I kinda miss the old store, but the new one is better. I haven’t shot on the new range, though. I moved away shortly after they opened.

I did do one class there, but it was specifically for getting a MA nonres.  The other classes have a good reputation.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 6:03:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#2]
I’ve taken 3-4 classes there as well have several friends. Top notch facility and every instructor I’ve had so far were great.

I’ve only had one class that was a little slower paced due to the ability of other students. One was promptly removed from the class and the other switched guns to one more reliable and was good after that.

If you get a class with solid shooters you can go through the material a little faster and get in more practice or get an opportunity to some more advanced stuff beyond what the class details.

Sig is oriented to the lowest common denominator of shooter. As long as they are safe and can perform the drill in a “reasonable” amount of time they allow.

I’ve never taken a class a Ridgeline but will be in the future. They have a reputation of being a little faster paced than Sig and will push you harder while teaching you how to better understand and utilize your gear.

One nice benefit of Sig is at the end of class you get a certificate to use and buy Sig products at a pretty good discount as well as future classes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Perfect response.  Thank you very much.

My wife mentioned training and was very interested if I was, when we were checking the place out.

I’m more of an intermediate shooter, been shooting my whole life, know the fundamentals, but getting more proficient using the AR would be great. Same with handguns. Same for my wife.  I don’t mind starting at the bottom WITH her and we can do the same stuff together and grow together with the same drills.

Thanks again!

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Check the details of the class. They aren’t very strict with it but they “recommend or require” basic classes before jumping into some of the more advanced classes.

Handgun 101 and 102 are basically a joke and are similar to a MA LTC class and basic fundamentals. Not that they’re bad, but I’d recommend skipping if you can as long as you’re an intermediate shooter.
If you can shoot a IDPA or USPSA match then I’d skip those.

Handgun 103 and 104 were great classes and required before advancing to anything else. Once you successfully pass handgun 104 the floodgates open to take any other handgun and most rifle classes.

I say they aren’t strict on enforcing people to take handgun 101 or 102 but if you show you’re unsafe or can’t safely handle a firearm or understand the function of them then they will remove you from class to not slow down everyone else and recommend you take a more basic class.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top