Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2018 11:07:01 PM EDT
New to the area, still settling in.  Have some questions on a few things.  TIA!

Tailor/ seamstress - anyone local who does good, quick basic service like hemming pants?

What are the go-to gunshops?

Good local suppressor shop?

Any good AR wrenchers?

Any good 1911 guys?

Sierra Vista range - any of the affiliate gun clubs worth joining?

Trap/ Skeet - anyone in the area take part?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:10:07 AM EDT
[#1]
@mmsSierra

This is all you bud
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:56:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
New to the area, still settling in.  Have some questions on a few things.  TIA!
View Quote
Tailor/ seamstress - anyone local who does good, quick basic service like hemming pants?

I know a lady who use to work on the fire fighter and police officer's uniforms.  She use to

fix my wive's uniforms.  She does great work.  If you are interested let me know and I will
 ask her if she still does this.
 The shop on Fry Blvd and the one on N Garden are also supposed to be good.

What are the go-to gunshops?

Trail Boss is usually my go to.
 I also like Apocalypse Arms and Military Surplus.  I have known the owner for a long time.  He and the others who work there are good people.
 King's Armory has been around a while, but I do not have any experience with them.
 Cal Ranch also sells firearms.

Sierra Vista range - any of the affiliate gun clubs worth joining?

Cochise Gun Club, Inc. is the one I hear good things about the most.  If I was to join one it would be this one.  Chuck is the

president of the club and he is a great person.

The Defensive Pistol competition and the 3gun competitions are fantastic!  Great people participate.  You will also meet some good wrenchers.

Trap/ Skeet - anyone in the area take part?

I do not.  However, The Sierra Vista range has a good setup.  It if fairly new.  Chuck from the club above runs it.
 Ft. Huachuca also has a nice club.

Do you own a Trans Am by chance?

Let me know if you have other questions.

And by the way, welcome to the area!
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 1:47:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info!

And no, no Trans Am.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 3:23:05 AM EDT
[#4]
For suppressors go here:  http://www.quiettimesports.com/

Matt is a great guy.

I have bought a couple suppressors from him and also an NFA transfer, all went extremely well.

He usually has quite a few cool things on hand.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Great advice here I will add a bit.
Sewing, there isn't a Vet in the workd I know who doesn't use the Korean women on Fry next t the Well Fargo bank.
Yes I was a charter member of the Cochise Gun Club.  Great folks, join it and help with clean up.
I go to Lock Stock and Barrel.  Julie is holding things together and she attended Mas Ayoobs legal defense class last year.  
I also go to the P X.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!

I've been known to use the PX for a few pistol purchases in the past when I could find a good deal.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Also in Douglas , the rifle and pistol club has a great combat shoot every month. Lots of folks from Sierra Vista come down for the shoot
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Once I get my health better, I'll have to check it out.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great advice here I will add a bit.
Sewing, there isn't a Vet in the workd I know who doesn't use the Korean women on Fry next t the Well Fargo bank.
Yes I was a charter member of the Cochise Gun Club.  Great folks, join it and help with clean up.
I go to Lock Stock and Barrel.  Julie is holding things together and she attended Mas Ayoobs legal defense class last year.  
I also go to the P X.
View Quote
I did not know Lock Stock and Barrel was still open.  Do they still have the store front on Hwy 92?
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 1:30:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Also in Douglas , the rifle and pistol club has a great combat shoot every month. Lots of folks from Sierra Vista come down for the shoot
View Quote
Yes!  I have heard great things about the pistol club and the combat shoot.

While in Douglas stop by the street taco trailer on D Ave at Tenth Street Park.  They have great Fish and Shrimp tacos.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I did not know Lock Stock and Barrel was still open.  Do they still have the store front on Hwy 92?
View Quote
They moved to another location just down 92 from their old building.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Apocalypse Arms. Go see Jim and Kara.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Feel free to PM me if you need AR work done, I'm pretty well equipped for most tasks.

When you are up to going to some matches let me know I try to go to either Douglas, Sierra Vista or Tucson multi gun matches monthly.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Apocalypse Arms. Go see Jim and Kara.
View Quote
Thanks!
Quoted:
Feel free to PM me if you need AR work done, I'm pretty well equipped for most tasks.

When you are up to going to some matches let me know I try to go to either Douglas, Sierra Vista or Tucson multi gun matches monthly.
View Quote
Thanks!  Stuck in a small apt, so I might have to take you up on the offer.  Still have some post-move stuff to finish, still need to get healthier before participating.  But I might want to go along and observe the matches, possibly starting next month.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Slowly getting settled.  Have a few more questions.

Is there a good custom woodworking shop that can build an audio + TV stand?  (So far, all of the prefab stuff and the items in the stores are either too lightweight/ small for my equipment or too large for the space available).

Any good automotive upholstery shops that can rework and recover seating?

Any good body/ paint shops?

From what I'm seeing, it looks like I'll need to go to Tucson for things like a new camper shell - correct?
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#17]
For body, paint go to Chons on Hway 92.  They get most insurance business but they do a great job.  I've had two cars done by them.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#18]
For the woodworking, you can try King's Fine Cabinetry in Sierra vista.  They do good work, but they may be on the expensive side.  I also know of a freelancer who does good work.  He use to own his own cabinet shop.  He also does good work.  Let me know if you want his contact information.

Dadd's Refinishing & Upholstery in Sierra Vista does good work.  Although I seen plenty of his work on chairs, couches, and other items, I have never seen his auto work.  Do not let his run down building or work trucks fool you.

As for the camper shell, you may have to go to Tucson.  My friends use Arizona Truck Outfitters in Tucson.  But, you may want to try D & J Rv Center on Hwy 92 just south of Sierra Vista.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I second the recommendation on Chon's on Hwy 92.  If you want a cheaper option, let me know.  One of the cheaper options is in Naco, Sonora, Mx.  A friend of mine had his '69 Trans Am prepped and painted there and it came out fantastico!
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks!  You all have been a great help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top