Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2018 10:39:15 PM EDT
Ugh, it's not in the article but the woman shot her two kids, ages 8 and 11.  The surviving child attends my daughter's school, the younger one who passed away was in the intermediate school next to it.

http://www.journal-news.net/uncategorized/2018/09/police-investigate-shooting-in-gerrardstown/
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:03:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Still at large. All schools in Berkeley County operating on Code Orange today...
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife and kids were at my son's soccer practice at Mill Creek Intermediate School last night.  She called me and said the police were looking for somone because a Maryland State Police helicopter was circiling the area and there were police cruisers everywhere

Apparently, the suspect is a Counselor at the school where my son had practice
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#3]
She was just caught in the same subdivision as the shooting.  Apparently another homeowner found her and held her at gunpoint until the cops showed up.

She also stabbed herself a few times, not fatally unfortunately.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Correct. Apparently the childrens father is a local cop and he had custody of the kids...

My heart aches for those involved and my thoughts and prayers are going out to everyone affected by this evil...
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Correct. Apparently the childrens father is a local cop and he had custody of the kids...
View Quote
Interesting.  WV family court is not father-friendly in custody issues.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ugh, it's not in the article but the woman shot her two kids, ages 8 and 11.  The surviving child attends my daughter's school, the younger one who passed away was in the intermediate school next to it.

http://www.journal-news.net/uncategorized/2018/09/police-investigate-shooting-in-gerrardstown/
View Quote
Holy crap that is crazy!  in one of the areas we have been looking to buy too.....
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Holy crap that is crazy!  in one of the areas we have been looking to buy too.....
View Quote
its a safe area. Its normally quiet in the  Glen.  Just some crazy drunk female that needed meds a long time ago.  Crazy she was a kids  counselor.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:03:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

its a safe area. Its normally quiet in the  Glen.  Just some crazy drunk female that needed meds a long time ago.  Crazy she was a kids  counselor.
View Quote
That is good to hear buddy!  We have not marked it out yet...
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 5:40:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Sad.   Hadn't heard about this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top