Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2023 2:02:58 PM EDT
Moved here a year ago from Texas.
I’m itching to go shoot. But really don’t want to pay to shoot. Anyone know of areas to shoot at?
I’m in the Bartlett area.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Hope someone hooks you up with a spot.  I just shoot on my own land now, but haven't built out my rifle range and have kind of put everything on the back burner as other stuff has taken priority.

Mainly just chiming in as a caution that shooting on fed property has different rules/distances than NH property.

Good luck.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/whitemountain/home/?cid=FSEPRD945657#target-shoot

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Did they change the building distance from 100 yards to 150 yards or is that just a white mountain rule?
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Archangel1972:
Did they change the building distance from 100 yards to 150 yards or is that just a white mountain rule?
View Quote

That's just feds.

NH is still 300'.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 6:59:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: inGobwetrust] [#4]
Originally Posted By Libertyhillguy:
Moved here a year ago from Texas.
I’m itching to go shoot. But really don’t want to pay to shoot. Anyone know of areas to shoot at?
I’m in the Bartlett area.
View Quote

If you lived closer to the seacoast I’d take you to the range.  Still can if you’re willing to drive a little.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 6:37:00 AM EDT
[#5]
If you go a little further North, the huge areas of land owned by the power/timber companies are public use, have roads cut throughout them and they tend to have gravel/sand pits....
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By inGobwetrust:

If you lived closer to the seacoast I’d take you to the range.  Still can if you’re willing to drive a little.
View Quote

Some day I will take you up on it!
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 2:09:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Jmo371:
If you go a little further North, the huge areas of land owned by the power/timber companies are public use, have roads cut throughout them and they tend to have gravel/sand pits....
View Quote

Do you have a better idea of the location?
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Libertyhillguy:

Do you have a better idea of the location?
View Quote

Dummer, Errol, Success, Millsfield.....
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm right in your area, used to be a good national forest spot, got shut down cuz people were leaving all their targets, and trash behind. Shot up TVs, refrigerators, etc. It was a disgrace.
 Carrol County fish and game in Madison is the best bet. $50/year, gotta take a basic safety/orientation class. Small fishing pond too.
About 20 minutes south of Bartlett

https://www.carrollcountyfishandgameclubofnh.com/
There's another range further south in Tamworth, Bearcamp

https://www.bearcampvalley.com/

Link Posted: 11/20/2023 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone know if the Rec Area in Carroll still has its shooting range? Will call the town hall Monday to ask.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Praimfiya:
Anyone know if the Rec Area in Carroll still has its shooting range? Will call the town hall Monday to ask.
View Quote

Hmm, I think I share a zip code with Carroll, but have never heard of them having a range.  I'm new here though.

I couldn't find a reference on their page or their rec departments FB page.

Carroll town offices are closed Monday the 8th for that sun and moon thing.

That said, this is 2018 imagery but might be worth checking out.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By FDC:

Hmm, I think I share a zip code with Carroll, but have never heard of them having a range.  I'm new here though.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/99516/Capture_JPG-3180192.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FDC:
Originally Posted By Praimfiya:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/99516/Capture_JPG-3180192.JPG

Hey neighbor! Just bought a home in Carroll. I'm gonna try out that area you circled and contact town hall!
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Over on that side of Coos county you may be interested in Alder Brook, a couple guys at work rave about that place, not even for long distance shooting, I guess they have a pretty comprehensive setup.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Alder Brook is a great range. Very simple process to join, no major bullshit policies that I’ve experienced and have all kinds of shooting practices.

Wish I lived closer, I joined specifically for the long range and go a handful of times a year.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:57:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Heard great things about Alder Brook.  Also Groveton has a little short range club that supposedly isn't bad.  One of the members of NES who lives in Lancaster goes to it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice info to know. Alder Brook is 20 mins and Groveton is 40 mins from the new house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top