Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2022 10:11:16 PM EDT
Lowest price in Harrisonville I saw today was $3.97 and they were out of 87 and 89 octane to even get that price. Everybody else was hovering at the $3.99 to $4.02 mark.

Reason I say this is I needed to go to the DMV to re-register my bike for the next 2 yrs. Well after waiting in line for DMV to open at 8am, we all had to leave as nobody even showed up by time 8:35 rolled around, when someone in line got online and a notice was just posted on the site that they wouldn't be open today. Well shit. The second day I went to DMV and not open for business.

So from Harrisonville I take the 40 mile drive to Clinton as I knew where the DMV was located there and it was always easy to get in/out quickly. While getting there, I notice some of the gas stations to see where I would stop when I leave town. Holy shit, gas there was $4.09 at the lowest I saw, with $4.12 being average at most. I didn't get gas.

I would of gone up to Belton, but everyone I talked to didn't know where DMV was there.

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Paid $4.15 for 87 in Camdenton last week.  Saw a sign for $4.19 the same day.  Not sure where it's at now, but I'll find out tomorrow.

Brother in law's truck broke down in Ozark.  Borrowed a co-workers 1 ton diesel dually and car trailer.  Spent $125 in diesel from Camdenton to Ozark and back.  About 75-80 mph up, 65-70 mph back.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 10:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
This is just about my daily fuel bill. Between 100 & 125 gallons. I want to cry everyday.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:37:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Who registers their vehicles any more?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]
DMV in Belton is on Main Street.  Not sure what the cross street is but it is the best one in Cass County.

Belton MO DMV, 325 Main St, Belton, MO 64012
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I started using the GetUpside app to save a few cents/gallon.  With these prices I think it's worthwhile.  I can share a referral code to save you $.15/gal if anyone's interested.  The average savings seems to be around $.08 - .09 but it adds up when drive a truck with a 30+ gallon tank.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I started using the GetUpside app to save a few cents/gallon.  With these prices I think it's worthwhile.  I can share a referral code to save you $.15/gal if anyone's interested.  The average savings seems to be around $.08 - .09 but it adds up when drive a truck with a 30+ gallon tank.
View Quote

For some gas cost savings when filling up 5-gal jugs and vehicle at same time for 20 gallons max, I shop at the local Price Choppers in Harrisonville then gas up at Qwik Trip. I know Hy-Vee also gives fuel discounts, but they're further away for me.

I also don't let gas tank get below 1/2 so the fill up doesn't hurt as much, but the tanks in my 2 vehicles are only 16 gallon tanks, but if one were to let them get down to where the gas light comes on, it would easily relieve one of a Benjamin to fill back up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

My fiance uses that app. We collect the Hyvee points as well. We just signed up for the Casey's rewards, but gas there is significantly more expensive than in liberty.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FUCK YOU BIDEN!!!!

Gas was $1.79 a gallon when he took (stole) office.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#10]
In our little burg gas was $1.82 per gallon. Yesterday it was $4.39. Grocery prices are getting out of sight also. Trying to live on a fixed income isn't making it. Maybe time to start looking for a good bankruptcy lawyer.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too. I use it with groceries too.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#13]
It was $4.39 in Lawson. I figured I'd save a few bucks and drive i to town. Nope. Gas is $4.39 in Liberty and KC as well . Fuck Biden!

ETA: Keep your receipts. You can get money back at the end of the year on that new fuel tax.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#14]
What really sucks is all of us with vehicles that have to run premium fuel in them. I have to run premium in my 2020 Ford Ranger if I want it to get good fuel mileage and also have the power it should. I tried running 87 octane and my fuel mileage went from 23 mpg to 17 mpg plus it lost power too. I paid $5.00 per gallon for 93 octane today in Kingdom City.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What really sucks is all of us with vehicles that have to run premium fuel in them. I have to run premium in my 2020 Ford Ranger if I want it to get good fuel mileage and also have the power it should. I tried running 87 octane and my fuel mileage went from 23 mpg to 17 mpg plus it lost power too. I paid $5.00 per gallon for 93 octane today in Kingdom City.
View Quote

Yup, that turbo 4-banger gets a boost/timing reduction on lower octane fuel.  Can you run E85 in it?
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yup, that turbo 4-banger gets a boost/timing reduction on lower octane fuel.  Can you run E85 in it?
View Quote

I could do a conversion and retune to run E85 but it isn't worth it to me. E85 is worse in that it produces less power and gets worse fuel economy that regular gas (even with up to 15% ethanol)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top