Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2024 5:07:21 PM EDT
Looking for answers. I moved here from NY, nobody was allowed to ship anything there so everything was done through an FFL.
I sold some ammo online. I checked UPS website, they say it's legal to ship ammo. I stopped into the UPS store in Conway to ask if they had a thick box I could use to pack it up, they told me they would not ship ammo. I showed them their website specifically where it said I COULD, and it ended up in an argument with the lady at the counter, who just kept pointing to a sign hanging up that they would not ship ammo or even gun parts.
I called Echo 6, myrtle beach guns, Cormac outfitters, J&K, and elite firearms, none of them would help me out.
Has anyone in Horry county ever shipped ammo? And can you help tell me how to do it?
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I never had a problem with it, but I haven't done it in a couple of years.

I always handed mine to the UPS driver with proper markings on the box. The UPS store in Georgetown wouldn't take it at all.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
UPS Store ≠ UPS Hub.

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/shipping-ammo-any-recent-experiences.292976/

There's no need to get in to disclosing what you are shipping. You don't legally have to, so stop making trouble for yourself.

Pack it, per guidelines, put the little white/black sticker on it, and move on. UPS moves millions of rounds of ammo a day, not even including what I order.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#3]
A UPS store probably won’t ship it. You’ll have to take it to a hub. Or, pre-print a label and hand it to a driver somewhere.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Online UPS account.  Have them pick it up at your house.  UPS store is not UPS.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 5:24:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By atavistic:
UPS moves millions of rounds of ammo a day, not even including what I order.
View Quote

LMAO
🤣 🤣 🤣
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 7:01:20 AM EDT
[#6]
It sounds like if you already have it packaged, and print a label, you can get away with it... where can you get a box sturdy enough to ship ammo, and also where can you get a label printed without going into UPS? I don't have a functional printer, so I had stopped into UPS store looking for a thick enough box to use to pack it up and hoping they would print a label for me. I stopped by lowes yesterday, they had boxes that were too big for moving, and without a printer I'm trying to figure out where I can print one without raising suspicion at UPS
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Any office supply store probably has a printer, possibly boxes as well. The library and some of the chain pharmacies might also have a printer.
For what it’s worth, printers are pretty cheap these days. It might save some hassle to just pick up one that will Bluetooth to your phone.
Sometimes, you can cut down larger boxes. Just be sure to use good tape. The threaded tape  works well.
Also, if you put the ammo in a sturdy bag, it’ll help it hold together better.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:27:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:
Online UPS account.  Have them pick it up at your house.  UPS store is not UPS.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top