Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2019 1:39:26 PM EDT
I know that I can ship it myself but it would need to go overnight via FedEx, which is pretty costly.

Anybody know of an FFL in Bergen County that will mail it at a "slight" upcharge?

Also, can the gunsmith ship it directly back to me or does it need to go back through an FFL?
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out https://www.shipmygun.com/go/, offedred by Bud's Gun Shop, I have not used this service, and as far as i know the gunsmith can return your firearm directly to you
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless the momos (monumental morons) have changed the law while I was sleeping a firearm can be shipped to and fro by the original owner to a Legal provider of a *repair*. If I am incorrect some stalwart will correct me.
View Quote
But it needs to be sent via overnight/next day delivery if I'm sending it - right?

And the gunsmith can ship it directly back to me?
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But it needs to be sent via overnight/next day delivery if I'm sending it - right?

And the gunsmith can ship it directly back to me?
View Quote
The overnight thing is not law - that's just a policy that UPS & Fedex have.  I know Fedex has a list of manufacturers that have a waiver with them that allows 2nd day shipping instead of overnight (and I'm sure your gunsmith will NOT be on that list).

You COULD, legally, ship it via UPS or FedEx by ground, by not telling them what's in the box (that is legal, because you're shipping it to a licensee), but you will be screwed on any insurance claim should they lose your gun ("You didn't tell us it was a firearm, so we're not going to pay on your claim").  Your choice...

And yes, the license holder (gunsmith) can send the firearm directly back to you (and he can use a Priority flat-rate $7.95 shipping box through USPS, because he's THAT special).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top