Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2019 11:36:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancelot]
Guy bought an AR15 complete Colt upper from me on gunbroker, can I legally ship it to DC?

I feel like most places don't ship anything to DC.

Thank you.

(sorry might be wrong place for post not sure)
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
upper is not a firearm but that said, don't see why not
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#2]
guy in DC buys an AR upper...hmm
make sure you save all the conversations and money transaction.
Also, wipe the upper good leaving no fingerprints because you will never know. your upper might show up on the evening news covering crime scene.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#3]
NO!

DC absolutely WILL flip out and confiscate.  Their gun laws are far beyond draconian. And they are well known to confiscate first, ask questions later.

For example, their chief of police once said:

"The federal FOPA law doesn't apply in DC; you cannot drive through with a gun; you must go around."

His statement was false and illegal, of course.  But no one challenged it.

You don't want that mess on your hands.

Ask the sell to provide an address outside DC, or offer to refund his money.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Does someone check inside your packages that you mail?  It's none of anyone's business.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cmc201:
Does someone check inside your packages that you mail?  It's none of anyone's business.
View Quote
Yes!

UPS will open your packages if they want. And they do. I’ve had them open mine and hold them.
Needless to say I try and only use USPS now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm all for free trade.  And our rights protected under the second amendment.

But I live inside the D.C. beltway and know just how absurd the swamp is when it comes to anything firearms-related.  I'm just trying to keep OP and the seller out of trouble.  Don't blame me for how screwed up DC actually is.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:
I'm all for free trade.  And our rights protected under the second amendment.

But I live inside the D.C. beltway and know just how absurd the swamp is when it comes to anything firearms-related.  I'm just trying to keep OP and the seller out of trouble.  Don't blame me for how screwed up DC actually is.  YMMV.
View Quote
Thank you, I appreciate it.

I canceled the guys payment and said I won't ship there. It looks like Buds, PSA, Bass Pro, and all sorts of places won't even ship parts there, so I am not going to.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Active:
Yes!

UPS will open your packages if they want. And they do. I’ve had them open mine and hold them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Active:
Originally Posted By cmc201:
Yes!

It is in UPS's "contract of carriage."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top