Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2022 4:35:29 PM EDT
Just a quick note for my fellow Hoosiers:  last week, the House and Senate passed the $1.5 trillion dollar omnibus spending bill, H.R. 2471.  Republicans in both the House and Senate jumped on board to insure passage of this abomination.  Within it are several provisions of gun control that Democrats could not pass as written as freestanding Bills, so they appended them to this pile of feces as riders, namely, the "Violence against Women Act", which is anything but, and the NICS Denial Notification Act.

Among the Republicans who voted "yea" is Todd Young in the Senate. Young was aware of the gun control measures thanks to the work of the GOA, but he voted in favor of it anyway, because he is not your friend.  Remember that come ballot time.

Congress Passes Attack on 2A Sanctuaries
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:28:51 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT because fuck that guy!
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BTT because fuck that guy!
View Quote

Bears repeating.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Trey Hollingsworth is just as bad so is Mike Braun. They all are every politician is. They're just two sides of the same coin
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 4:44:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I recently contacted Senators Braun and Young, and Rep. Bucshon about expediting/supporting a legal immigration case for my spouse, who went to a state university in Indiana (where we met) on scholarship to earn her bachelor's in economics and master's in business administration. Due to the stipulations of her State Department and university sponsored scholarship, she had to return to her country of origin for at least two years. A few years later with me working/living in her home country, we legally wed outside of the United States and are 2+ years into the process before even getting an interview scheduled at a US Embassy/Consulate.

I contacted all three of their offices through their website, as well as directly via email because I had friends/family who have either worked on their campaigns or been *very* active in the Republican Party at the State of Indiana levels.

Sen. Young's office initially responded, then Sen. Braun, then Rep. Bucshon.
1. Only Senators Young and Braun asked permission to access our immigration case details via a form.
2. Both acknowledged receipt of the form.
3. Senator Braun so far has been the only public servant to promise to contact relevant authorities in the Department of State, National Visa Center, and Homeland Security and request that our case be expedited.

I don't want to go into too many details other than to say, I was especially surprised with Sen. Young and Rep. Bucshon's inaction. While I have lived and worked abroad, I have voted, paid my taxes, and the mountains of paperwork requested throughout the immigration process for my spouse, our families, and me was accurate, forthcoming, and without repute.

Meanwhile, illegal immigration is rampant. We are doing things the proper and legal way. As my civil servants, I expect them to advocate more for their constituents when federal bureaucracy is the issue. I have worked in DC and I know how easily paperwork can get pushed to the front of the line. So, while I appreciate any support they have offered so far, especially Senator Braun, I hope they don't lose connection to their Hoosier roots and values.

I am not a single-issue voter, but I am obviously biased on this issue. Just trying to stay optimistic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top