Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2021 5:40:56 PM EDT
I guess not being subject to voter review in the next go-round is a very freeing experience if you aren't voting on your own principles.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Tillis surprised me, guess he is gonna try and get re-elected.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Burr didn't care about our opinion before, he certainly doesn't now.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
both are RINO's and need the boot. I wrote both of them about the tech companies got zero responce..

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be sure to call and email numerous times to express my displeasure that I won't be able to vote for whoever is running against this POS. I will also be doing the same with Tillis.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been debating about calling. The last time I called any of them, I started getting carried away with what and how I was saying
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tillis surprised me, guess he is gonna try and get re-elected.
View Quote

I won’t vote for him this next go round either
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Well emailed Senator RINO today and told how i felt.

Time to have him removed for the next election cycle..

He can run as a dumbacrap.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I sure hope the vote passes.

NCGOP to vote Monday on censuring Sen. Burr over his vote to convict former President Donald Trump

https://www.wxii12.com/article/ncgop-burr-censure-guilty-vote-impeachment/35511700
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Just called them and let them know I hope they do censure him.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#10]
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/north-carolina-republican-censure-burr-over-trump-impeachment

Another argument for 17th Amendment repeal. . .

In other news: Henry Hinton (who runs a morning radio show in Greenville, NC, a former member of the UNC Board of Governors and chairman of the ECU Foundation Board), said that Burr was a personal friend of his, but needed to step down and the longer he sticks around, the more damage he does to the NC Republican party.   Hinton's pretty politically connected and him coming out like that against Burr isn't a small thing.  Doubt it amounts to a hill of beans for a lame-duck politician.

Burr likely won't step down out of his own accord and probably is using his vote to smooth things over with the GOPe.  I'm sure he's got a fine future D.C. job lined up.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:17:03 PM EDT
[#11]
GOP in this state needs to step up their game now working on his replacement.  
Be sure Cooper and his scum bunch are going all out to fill that seat.

The R’s need to be playing hardball.  If they are capable of it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
GOP in this state needs to step up their game now working on his replacement.  
Be sure Cooper and his scum bunch are going all out to fill that seat.

The R’s need to be playing hardball.  If they are capable of it.
View Quote

I’d like to see Jeff McNeely step on up.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#14]
None of it will matter.  The establishment government will put whoever in office they want.  The people's vote is worthless.   Proof:  Cooper was re-elected, even with a R lt. governor, Tillis, and all the those R house reps getting elected.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#15]
My response from the rino

Dear Mr. Wilborn:

Thank you for contacting me regarding my vote to convict former President Trump on the article of impeachment presented against him. I appreciate hearing from you.

January 6, 2021 was a grim day in our nation’s history. The attack on the U.S. Capitol was an attempt to undermine our democratic institutions and overrule the will of the American people through violence, intimidation, and force.

Seven lives were tragically lost as a result of that day. Law enforcement officers, outnumbered and overwhelmed, sustained debilitating injuries as they bravely defended Congress against an angry mob. We now know that lawmakers and congressional staff came dangerously close to crossing paths with the rioters searching for them and wishing them harm.

When this process started, I believed that it was unconstitutional to impeach a president who was no longer in office. I still believe that to be the case. However, the Senate is an institution based on precedent, and given that the majority in the Senate voted to proceed with the trial, the question of constitutionality for a former president is now established precedent. As an impartial juror, my role was to determine whether House managers had sufficiently made the case for the article of impeachment against President Trump.

I listened to the arguments presented by both sides and considered the facts. The facts are clear.

The President promoted unfounded conspiracy theories to cast doubt on the integrity of a free and fair election because he did not like the results. As Congress met to certify the election results, the President directed his supporters to go to the Capitol to disrupt the lawful proceedings required by the Constitution. When the crowd became violent, the President used his office to first inflame the situation instead of immediately calling for an end to the assault.

As I said on January 6, the President bears responsibility for these tragic events. The evidence is compelling that President Trump is guilty of inciting an insurrection against a coequal branch of government and that the charge rises to the level of “high crimes and misdemeanors.” Therefore, I voted to convict.

I did not make this decision lightly, but I believe it was necessary. By what he did and by what he did not do, President Trump violated his oath of office to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

My hope is that with impeachment behind us America can begin to move forward and focus on the critical issues facing our country today.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Should you have additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to let me know or visit my website at http://burr.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Richard Burr
United States Senator

RB:NH
#ICEBA99bc13b2d19d438aa538e99030811ebaCDCCRM
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Dear Mr. Wilborn:

Thank you for contacting me regarding my vote to convict former President Trump on the article of impeachment presented against him. I appreciate hearing from you.

January 6, 2021 was a grim day in our nation’s history. The attack on the U.S. Capitol was an attempt to undermine our democratic institutions and overrule the will of the American people through violence, intimidation, and force.

Seven lives were tragically lost as a result of that day. Law enforcement officers, outnumbered and overwhelmed, sustained debilitating injuries as they bravely defended Congress against an angry mob. We now know that lawmakers and congressional staff came dangerously close to crossing paths with the rioters searching for them and wishing them harm.

When this process started, I believed that it was unconstitutional to impeach a president who was no longer in office. I still believe that to be the case. However, the Senate is an institution based on precedent, and given that the majority in the Senate voted to proceed with the trial, the question of constitutionality for a former president is now established precedent. As an impartial juror, my role was to determine whether House managers had sufficiently made the case for the article of impeachment against President Trump.

I listened to the arguments presented by both sides and considered the facts. The facts are clear.

The President promoted unfounded conspiracy theories to cast doubt on the integrity of a free and fair election because he did not like the results. As Congress met to certify the election results, the President directed his supporters to go to the Capitol to disrupt the lawful proceedings required by the Constitution. When the crowd became violent, the President used his office to first inflame the situation instead of immediately calling for an end to the assault.

As I said on January 6, the President bears responsibility for these tragic events. The evidence is compelling that President Trump is guilty of inciting an insurrection against a coequal branch of government and that the charge rises to the level of “high crimes and misdemeanors.” Therefore, I voted to convict.

I did not make this decision lightly, but I believe it was necessary. By what he did and by what he did not do, President Trump violated his oath of office to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

My hope is that with impeachment behind us America can begin to move forward and focus on the critical issues facing our country today.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Should you have additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to let me know or visit my website at http://burr.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Richard Burr
United States Senator

View Quote

i got the same bs responce today..
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:38:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Dear Mr. Wilborn:

Sincerely,

Richard Burr
United States Senator

View Quote

You should email him back and tell him the people of NC sent him to DC to represent the people of NC and follow the US Constitution not to follow  Senate precedent.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Well i got an official letter back from the RINO about pushing for removal of the protections of the tech giants I sent him.. Says he support the removal and would vote if someone would submit a bill..

He totally ignored my statement about adding amendment to every bill that goes thru the senate.. So round two will start with RINO Burr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top