Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2023 11:58:30 AM EDT
https://fox59.com/indiana-news/hogsett-looks-to-curb-gun-access-in-indianapolis-with-new-restrictions-bans/

Fox 59 article

Hogsett said that an ordinance will be introduced before the City-County Council June 5 that would ban semi-automatic rifles in Marion County, raise the age to purchase a firearm to 21 and rollback the 2022 law banning gun permits.

Maybe this would get more attention in GD.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe I missed it in the article, but is he proposing a ban on ownership of semi-autos within Marion? If so, what’s his plan for dealing with people that already own them, because going door to door to round them up seems problematic, and I don’t see much of anyone turning them in…
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe I missed it in the article, but is he proposing a ban on ownership of semi-autos within Marion? If so, what’s his plan for dealing with people that already own them, because going door to door to round them up seems problematic, and I don’t see much of anyone turning them in…
View Quote

It doesnt matter, No city or municipality can have gun laws that are more restrictive than the state laws. That all changed about 12 years ago I believe when the state critters passed the law.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]
He's an idiot and it will never pass.
Thank God for our preemption law.

AIRBORNE!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#5]
It’s all political posturing and pandering to base….hoping to start a conversation or movement….or create an “image” for a stab at politics on the national level

As said, preemption.  Toothless.  Worthless, just like the mayor and city council.  And the prosecutor.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 11:22:48 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Yes.  My understanding is they want to pass it "for when the preemption law goes away".    Either that, or they're following the Pittsburgh model where the city breaks the state law and enforces their own law until the state courts finally shut them down years later (then, wash, rinse, repeat).

Joe Hogsett... a cowardly empty suit pandering to his base with red meat before an election campaign (which is more than he usually does).
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 7:48:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Well,  no surprise that it passed. Unenforceable during an election cycle, but passed anyway. The message?

1. Gun control is still racism. You poor blacks stuck in the crime zones still do not have the right under the 14th amendment to protect yourself.

2. Adults are now defined to be  21 instead of 18 with a magic wave of the hand.  

3. Politicians in the City would much rather go for symbolism instead of treating the root cause of black on black violence.  The fragmentation of the black family MUST be corrected.  

4. Indy is starting to politic like Chicago.  Generating worthless ordinances that the rest of the state disagrees with.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Any idea how this might affect the Indy 1500 coming in September?

I was hoping to attend that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 12:21:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Any idea how this might affect the Indy 1500 coming in September?

I was hoping to attend that.
View Quote

Zero effect...it violates state law and they know it...
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top