Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2020 8:23:16 PM EDT
Anyone know what's going on?  I just stopped in the store off Jackrabbit lane about a month ago, and today I tried to stop in and there is no sign of the store being there.  Have they moved again, or did they just close up shop?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone know what's going on?  I just stopped in the store off Jackrabbit lane about a month ago, and today I tried to stop in and there is no sign of the store being there.  Have they moved again, or did they just close up shop?
View Quote
They closed up the Bozeman shop. I was talking with them last week in the Missoula store & they said they closed due to poor business.  The rest of their ops are fine it's just Bozeman wasn't working for them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Not expensive enough for the Bozeman tastes.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The Bozeman branch was cursed from the beginning and even after the staffing do over- they were consistently quite horrible to a number of their employees.

And that short lived alliance with the crooks at Zero-In, I guess I’m not surprised that didn’t pan out.

Sorry guys, I’m not one to badmouth anybody’s business, but all those outfits mistreated very decent people. In my opinion at least.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.  I saw the other little gun shop out past 4 corners finally gave it up as well.  It's too bad.  Times are lean right now.  I saw ARs priced dirt cheap at the gun show in Livingston.  One was $275 for an ugly ban era rifle, but I also saw a Ruger and a S&W for a little over $400.  Times are tough right now for gun retailers, but I suspect business will pick up again soon.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 1:12:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Bozeman branch was cursed from the beginning and even after the staffing do over- they were consistently quite horrible to a number of their employees.

And that short lived alliance with the crooks at Zero-In, I guess I’m not surprised that didn’t pan out.

Sorry guys, I’m not one to badmouth anybody’s business, but all those outfits mistreated very decent people. In my opinion at least.
View Quote
I've known the folks at Selway for a long time. My take from several sources it was the Bozeman employees that were problematic until they got things squared away.

So you are badmouthing anybody’s business.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've known the folks at Selway for a long time. My take from several sources it was the Bozeman employees that were problematic until they got things squared away.

So you are badmouthing anybody’s business.
View Quote
Ya know, I think that's a fair take and a valid point to consider.  My understanding is that it does seem that some of the Bozeman employees did come with baggage, specifically from the disastrous start of Zero-In and subsequent lawsuit brought against them by the labor board.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 2:25:31 AM EDT
[#7]
That's too bad. I liked the store on main, the new store was a little out of the way but the people seemed nice every time I went in. Definitely Italy you g to miss them for projectiles.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:36:15 PM EDT
[#8]
The final major "people" issue I know of was the store manager found a new job in the area, came in and dropped off his keys & credentials at the SA store to one of the assistants and left without telling Upper Mgt.

Mgt had a general checked-in 3 days later & the assistant told mgt he had been alone for those 3 days.  That was the final straw so Mgt decided enough was enough and got their rigs together in a hurry to drive to Bozeman to close up the store.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I had purchased a can from them at their previous location and was able to do the paperwork myself. Everything turned out ok. Last October, I bought another one in their new location, from their new crew. It was a disaster from the start. First, they wouldn't let me do the paperwork. They said it was a new policy.  I had to drive 80 miles to go back and fix paperwork twice. Then, I found out they closed down, so I called Missoula. The owner called me back a few days later and said that they closed due to staffing issues and that Missoula would be handling my stuff now. My check didn't clear until February. Ugh....
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top