Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2018 9:08:34 PM EDT
I have only done FTF sales in the past. What documentation should I get when doing a sale out of state?

Obviously a copy of their FFL's license but what else should I get?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are shipping to a ffl all you need is their license number and address.  A copy of their license or ffl number and use fflez check.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Some FFLs by their policy will not accept firearms from individuals so check first.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Afaik, most ffls, will require you as a seller, to send a copy of your state id along with the firearm.
They have to enter a legit name, from whom the gun came in their bound book.
They aren't going to rely on a return name/address on a package, for that info.

As far as you receiving something, I think the seller's ffl, should pretty much cover it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Another thing I learned:

The UPS customer care center that I shipped at wants to see a copy of the FFL that the gun gets shipped to.

Luckily, I brought it with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top