Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2020 6:38:37 PM EDT
Looking for a recommended FFL in the Franklin/Oak Creek area please.

I moved to Franklin in Summer 2019, 10 mile radius of said FFL would be perfect.

Thanks all!
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#1]
it is a little further than you are looking for, but BTK firearms in heartland is great.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 7:08:41 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a small gun shop in Muskego on Racine Ave right by Indian Motorcycle.  I've never been inside because I never go by when they're open.  Also Fletchers in Waukesha will treat you right.

ETA:  https://www.somarent.com  Again, I've never been inside so I can't recommend but they're worth a look for your location.  I will say Fletchers is solid.

About 3 years ago I used a guy in Oak Creek that is a tabletop FFL out of his house be I can't find his info.  He was/is a member here.  Lowest transfer fees in the area at the time and a great guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I've reached out to BTK, thanks all!
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've reached out to BTK, thanks all!
View Quote
He is great.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Seeing these requests sort of makes me wish I kept my FFL/SOT.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:25:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I called and left a message with BTK but didn't hear back.  For the record I did not fill out his "intake" form on his website, that may have been why I didn't get a call back.  I found a VP9 on EE that I needed to move on quickly and I didn't have the extent of info on the seller needed to complete the form the same day (I didn't want give the seller the impression I has kicking my feet, but it was a bit of a fire drill on my part in order to get an FFL on the horn quickly and would accept a transfer from an individual).

Long story short I was in touch with Mike and Ryan from Fletchers and they are handling the transfer.  I hope I have found my new FLL, thanks all!
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, do they really get $50 for a transfer?  Seems steep.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Funny you mention that... I stopped in Fletchers today just to get a lay of the land and I inquired about the transfer fee.  I think for a brick and mortar 50 bucks is more than fair.  I am happy to pay it to support their business.  When I called their store late last week, a courteous and helpful person answered the phone.  They gave me the email address of the person who handles their transfers.  In less than one business day, they got the EE seller what they needed to ship.  Responsiveness costs money, people cost money, and a good customer experience commands a good buck.  They earned my business last week, they earned more of my business today.

Other than this most recent purchase from an individual on EE, I typically buy from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore and have it shipped to my IL (former) FFL.  SOS prices are almost always 200-300 lower that what a local gun store can do price wise for the same piece.  If I know I am saving hundreds on the cost of the piece, the transfer fee of 50 bucks is small taters.

Just my .02 folks, happy to be here... :)
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad you're happy with the transfer and that the shop actually tries to service their customers.  It just seemed a bit more that other shops charge - but then again I've heard about others that charge even more.  I'm in the same boat as you regarding supporting local business - at least the ones WORTH supporting.  I've been in some shops that I wouldn't do business with if they offered FREE transfers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:49:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Good to hear.  Fletchers is run by good people.  The business has been around for a long time and the new(ish) owners are keeping the same atmosphere which local guys have been used to for decades.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top