User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2022 11:16:30 AM EDT
In case someone is interested.

Security Officers Needed!

https://www.twincitysecurityfortworth.com/security-jobs-fort-worth/
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty much all service industry companies need people.  

I work for the 3rd largest employer in the US, a Contract Security company.

I am a National Account Manager for  DoD contractor. We have over 80 locations across the US.  I need 14 armed people at one site in the FW area today.  

3 years of armed military, LE, or armed security experience, pass a PFT (so easy my fat ass can pass) MMPI, (pysch test) and of course a drug test.  

PM me for a link.  We have other clients and positions as well
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#2]
After years of security experience in other states (armed, state designated trainer, firearms instructor) I was shocked to see how things were when I moved to Texas.  

I'd say 18 out of 20 are fly by night ghetto companies doing the bare minimum to sorta stay legal.  

One is actually legit, but with crappy contracts.

The last one is usually worth it, but there's still a chance of getting fucked over.

I ended up with a "real job" six years ago and my unarmed card expires in June.  I thought about finding a part-time job to keep my card current, but realize I can make more doing part-time work doing almost anything else.

Hell, the local QT (in a non ghetto area) has a sign paying 19.50 an hour part-time.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty much all service industry companies need people.  

I work for the 3rd largest employer in the US, a Contract Security company.

I am a National Account Manager for  DoD contractor. We have over 80 locations across the US.  I need 14 armed people at one site in the FW area today.  

View Quote

If any of your buddies in the company need someone in Mesquite, Sunnyvale, Forney, hook a brother up
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately my last part-time security job in DFW was with a very large company, which gave me high hopes. It turned out 85% of the employees were minority hires and the three white guys had to bust their ass. I worked overnight shift on the weekend and my counterpart who came in Monday morning was only required to do half of the tours that I did, and she only did half of what she was supposed to because she said there's nothing they can do about it LOL

It wasn't the above posters company.

I also interviewed with a company that handled security for the large Samsung complex. The guy in charge was black, the supervisor was black and everybody in their command center was black, including one dude who no shit had a purse slung across his shoulder while sitting at his desk. Not a European shoulder bag but a damn woman's purse.

They had two white guys in the parking lot and judging from their accents, I'm thinking Eastern European so they were probably happy to do anything.  

After being told I was perfect and just what they're looking for, never heard back and the guy didn't answer the phone or email LOL

So unless you have a "real" position with a "real" company, it's hard to take it seriously.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Unfortunately my last part-time security job in DFW was with a very large company, which gave me high hopes. It turned out 85% of the employees were minority hires and the three white guys had to bust their ass. I worked overnight shift on the weekend and my counterpart who came in Monday morning was only required to do half of the tours that I did, and she only did half of what she was supposed to because she said there's nothing they can do about it LOL

I also interviewed with a company that handled security for the large Samsung complex. The guy in charge was black, the supervisor was black and everybody in their command center was black, including one dude who no shit had a purse slung across his shoulder while sitting at his desk. Not a European shoulder bag but a damn woman's purse.

They had two white guys in the parking lot and judging from their accents, I'm thinking Eastern European so they were probably happy to do anything.  

After being told I was perfect and just what they're looking for, never heard back and the guy didn't answer the phone or email LOL

So unless you have a "real" position with a "real" company, it's hard to take it seriously.
View Quote

Could it have been your disdain for black people that caused them to ghost you?
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 2:05:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
In security, you observe.  That was a very simple observation.  

Black bosses with the black crew inside and the two white guys out in the heat.  

The guy carrying a purse in uniform, that should be shown disdain
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 8:41:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

LOL
In security, you observe.  That was a very simple observation.  

Black bosses with the black crew inside and the two white guys out in the heat.  

The guy carrying a purse in uniform, that should be shown disdain
View Quote

What does the color of their skin have to do with anything?  I'm white, but I don't make assumptions like you are.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#8]
www.osgtx.com

Houston area company is looking for

Officers  ( 2/3/4)
Sales professionals
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top