Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Seahawks.  They play football or something?

I don't get why corporations, especially sports teams, would piss off half their customers by choosing sides in politics.

(I ride a motorcycle.  It's not a sport unless it can kill you.)
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#2]
its been awhile since i've seen anything on the news about their players getting arrested so they have that going for them!

my life has been much more satisfying the last few years without professional sports. its a giant waste of time to support people that hate you. i get more yardwork done and my cars always look good
i still enjoy ufc but they have yet to tell me that i'm a nazi. hopefully i can still keep that form of entertainment going foward.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:38:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
my life has been much more satisfying the last few years without professional sports. its a giant waste of time to support people that hate you. i get more yardwork done and my cars always look good

View Quote

That shitty quarterback paying all over the American flag got me a good couple hundred quality hours. And I didn't eat all that junk while I watched them.

Thank you Copernicus
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 12:14:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't watched the NFL in years.  Held true to my promise.  Fuck them.  "Wearing the jersey that the Seahawks gave him."  Ain't that some shit.  Patty Murray is scared boys.  All her minions and water-carriers are working overtime to help her in this election.  Let's remove Patty Murray!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#5]
My dad and several other people I know "stopped" watching NFL for a year or two over the BLM shit, then seemingly forgot and went right back to watching every game.

I never had any interest in sports so I have a leg up there.

Fuck the Seachickens

Just sent both of these stories to them.. my dads excuse before has been "life is too short to get worked up about all this political stuff!" but only when it intersects with something he doesn't want to give up like sports
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 7:32:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My dad and several other people I know "stopped" watching NFL for a year or two over the BLM shit, then seemingly forgot and went right back to watching every game.

Fuck the Seachickens

Just sent both of these stories to them.. my dads excuse before has been "life is too short to get worked up about all this political stuff!" but only when it intersects with something he doesn't want to give up like sports
View Quote

Society is self-absorbed. Hence the continued decline. So much for society.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

To a certain extent, he’s not wrong.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Bread and circuses while Rome burns
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
This will not affect the Seahawks in any way.

Brainless fans will continue to be brainless fans.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Fuck the Seachickens

View Quote

I stopped religiously watching in 2012, and had been home for less than a year at that point. I still enjoy sports now and then, but it’s good to be free from the worship of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top