Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2020 7:06:22 AM EDT
I was driving through Kalispell and a large SUV passed me going down Idaho street, bright white in color, not a big deal in MT, but what was odd was it was a Montana Highway Patrol vehicle, had the graphics on the door and the back bumper said "State Trooper"

First time in 22 years I have seen a Highway Patrol vehicle in any color other than Black.

Any of you folks seeing newer Trooper vehicles in colors besides black?
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a throwback year.

2020 is the 85th anniversary of the MHP; so we went back to the color/ decal scheme from 1985.

It happens that we had a Colonel that came over from the WA State Patrol a little before that...so our cars are a mirror of WA.

I prefer the black car...
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Last summer I was on my way to work. It was the second day of the year commuting on the motorcycle. Not sure how fast I was going as my speedometer doesn’t work correctly above 55mph. I really need to fix that. Anyway, I had her pegged on I-15. I would guess I was moving at well over 110 mph while coming up fast in the right lane on a gold colored Tahoe which was in the left lane. All of the sudden the entire backend of said vehicle turned white and blue. While simultaneously decreasing speed, crapping my pants and deciphering how I was supposed to pass on the right so I could be pulled over, the lights went off.  No need for caffeine on a morning like that!

I have to assume it was MT Highway Patrol due to the area of operations. Whoever it was, THANK YOU!  I was being stupid and it was the nicest warning I’ve ever received!  I rode at (more) reasonable speeds for the remainder of the season.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 12:21:54 AM EDT
[#4]
We might have seen the same vehicle at the same time in the same place.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 12:36:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of white cars running around down here. I agree, the black cars are way cooler looking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a throwback year.

2020 is the 85th anniversary of the MHP; so we went back to the color/ decal scheme from 1985.

It happens that we had a Colonel that came over from the WA State Patrol a little before that...so our cars are a mirror of WA.

I prefer the black car...
Lots of white cars running around down here. I agree, the black cars are way cooler looking.
The black MHP cars are the coolest LE cars I've ever seen.

Although, I just remembered one I saw in Oregon about 10 years ago. It was an unmarked black Magnum with blacked out Windows and some kind of stealth light bar mounted in the interior where the roof and front window meet. Not only a very cool cop car, but a very cool car, period.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 6:15:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have to assume it was MT Highway Patrol due to the area of operations.
View Quote
I would more likely assume it was local county, due to the description of the vehicle. What area of operations would you think is exclusive to MHP?

I'm surprised that I haven't heard of this "throwback" theme. I would have thought there might be a little more public information about it. At least a press release from the Patrol?
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I would more likely assume it was local county, due to the description of the vehicle. What area of operations would you think is exclusive to MHP?

I'm surprised that I haven't heard of this "throwback" theme. I would have thought there might be a little more public information about it. At least a press release from the Patrol?
View Quote
I just looked and found reference to the new vehicles on one of the News Stations Websites that was done back in Oct.

85th anniversary vehicles
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 11:59:45 AM EDT
[#8]
The cars started hitting the road a month or two ago...the vast majority of the cars are still black.

I think there will be 30 Tahoes and 30 chargers in white when all is built and on the road.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have to assume it was MT Highway Patrol due to the area of operations.

I pulled up behind one at a stop light. The print under the rear window clearly stated highway patrol.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 4:02:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I just looked and found reference to the new vehicles on one of the News Stations Websites that was done back in Oct.

85th anniversary vehicles
View Quote
Thanks.

I wonder why MHP doesn't have it on their own site?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top