Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2018 12:13:16 PM EDT
At least 5 rural counties in Illinois have declared themselves sanctuary for gun owners. While it is all symbolic it`s interesting none the less it shows the great divide between urban, and rural.  Rural counties in other states want to do the same.   There were counties in California who filed lawsuits against California over their state sanctuary laws protecting illegal immigrants.  Those rural California counties should declare themselves sanctuary for gun owners.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Very interesting. However im in Crook county. Which counties are they...how far will i have to move?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very interesting. However im in Crook county. Which counties are they...how far will i have to move?
View Quote
Iroquois, Jasper, Effingham, Perry, Jefferson, Saline

edit: add Monroe as of 5/7

More under consideration.

Theres a map in this post
http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=68707&page=3#entry1151888
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#3]
BND had an article about Monroe County becoming one as well.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#4]
97 counties to go..............
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#5]
This has happened before. In the early 2000's ago sheriffs decided to refuse to enforce any new gun laws. It might have been the counties instead of the sheriffs. My memory isn't the best so I can't be sure which. I don't even remember which forum the effort was coordinated on. I do know it was pre-concealed carry.
But danged if I can find any reference to it now. All I get while searching is the current efforts.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This has happened before. In the early 2000's ago sheriffs decided to refuse to enforce any new gun laws. It might have been the counties instead of the sheriffs. My memory isn't the best so I can't be sure which. I don't even remember which forum the effort was coordinated on. I do know it was pre-concealed carry.
But danged if I can find any reference to it now. All I get while searching is the current efforts.
View Quote
IIRC, it was county sheriffs not enforcing a concealed carry arrest.  Macon was one, as I remember thanking a couple of deputies at the Decatur festival.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top