Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2018 8:23:48 PM EDT
I see in today's ISRA news that 18 more counties just claimed sanctuary status, bringing the total to 57(plus more are pending). Does anyone have an updated map that they could post?

With most of the state declared sanctuary it seems that legislators from these areas would be hell bent on opposing any infringing legislation, or is that just wishful thinking?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I see in today's ISRA news that 18 more counties just claimed sanctuary status, bringing the total to 57(plus more are pending). Does anyone have an updated map that they could post?

With most of the state declared sanctuary it seems that legislators from these areas would be hell bent on opposing any infringing legislation, or is that just wishful thinking?
View Quote
Ignore the blue county.  Think that is in error and there was not a vote there.

The green are county board resolution passed or county general ballot referendum passed or both.  Wording of passed resolutions/referenda vary with some making stronger statements than others.

The 18 were from the ballot referenda.
http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=70291#entry1180406

base sanctuary county thread
http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=68707&page=15#entry1181234
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 4:38:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I wish Champaign would get its act together

They just shot down a teacher carry resolution ..
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Wouldn't it be great if all those Pro-sanctuary voters donated to some Pro-2nd Amendment organization ?
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Why is Sangamon blue, just an error in the map program?  BTW Sangamon did not pass anything AFAK.

Menard county, which has over 5,000 FOID card holders out of 12,500 total residents and 600 CCL's does not like to talk about those icky guns.  Our ratio of CCL per population is one of the highest in the state, but we are a bunch of chickens, ask me how I know.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:07:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why is Sangamon blue, just an error in the map program?  BTW Sangamon did not pass anything AFAK.

Menard county, which has over 5,000 FOID card holders out of 12,500 total residents and 600 CCL's does not like to talk about those icky guns.  Our ratio of CCL per population is one of the highest in the state, but we are a bunch of chickens, ask me how I know.  
View Quote
Initial report was that Sangamon was going to have a ballot referendum but that was discovered to be in error.  Waiting for the "keeper of the map" to update.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top