Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2021 4:24:13 AM EDT
I’m located in San Antonio and would like to develop a network of like-minded 2A members. If something like this exists already, please bring it to my attention.

I would be happy with just knowing a few people in my area who are:

1) fellow members with good feedback (25+ Positive, long time members, and/or have a decent post count)
2) able & ready to help one another occasionally even if its just something trivial.
3) could bring knowledge and skillsets in to a group environment
4) willing to communicate or meet on a once a month basis (or more frequently depending on schedule)

This also may be as simple as folks who are willing to buy/sell/trade items amongst each-other as it pertains to this site.

I’m completely open to any suggestions as far as a venue or forum is concerned.

If you post here and have good feedback/history, I will do my best to reach out to you and do some basic coordination and possibly keep record of your contact information (with permission from you only). It may start out as a log of usernames only.

A little about myself (of which I am willing to prove via credentials if requested and applicable):
RSO experience 1 year
Handgun safety instructor - Very basic but certified
Former military (Active Army 4 years)
Basic Machining and Tinkering as a hobby
Pro Constitution

The higher or better the feedback & history, the more willing I am to communicate with you in a timely manner. It’s the most simple form of vetting I have come up with for the time being.

Best regards
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m NE SATX.
Retired LEO, former instructor of most things, Glock / AR armorer (not that it’s a big deal).
USAF veteran.
I worked in the plumbing trade as a young man.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a bad influence.

14 years doing IDPA/carbine competitions

10 years as RSO

6.5 years as a Toyota/Lexus mechanic

Helotes
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure how you get the positive feedback here. I've only asked questions here or read around in all the years.

Could training classes from reputable instructors count for any type of positive feedback?  

I'm a pretty simple/regular guy as they get.  Somewhat mechanically inclined, have some tools, reloader (novice), I hunt (im no Steven Rinella but I do).  

I do not care to muddy up this group. If someone like me does not meet criteria I understand and so be it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m NE SATX.
Retired LEO, former instructor of most things, Glock / AR armorer (not that it’s a big deal).
USAF veteran.
I worked in the plumbing trade as a young man.
View Quote

PM sent
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Replied to French1966 and had a good off line conversation.

I’ve met Fury and he’s a Motörhead dog lover so GTG in my book.

@TxRed, message me sir
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#6]
S.E. San Antonio

8 years as FMF Corpsman
6 years as TCCC, BLS instructor

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm not sure how you get the positive feedback here. I've only asked questions here or read around in all the years.

Could training classes from reputable instructors count for any type of positive feedback?  

I'm a pretty simple/regular guy as they get.  Somewhat mechanically inclined, have some tools, reloader (novice), I hunt (im no Steven Rinella but I do).  

I do not care to muddy up this group. If someone like me does not meet criteria I understand and so be it.
View Quote

It comes from buying/selling items in EE. In my experience getting feedback is next to impossible. I purchased maybe 25-30 items in EE and only one seller left feedback. It’s a poor indicator of reliability IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd be interested in a meet up.

I'm retired Army 22 years E-7, background in Airborne Infantry, Civil Affairs, Combat Medic and Nursing, and the MiTT Teams

currently work as a nurse at Ft Sam.

going to school for a double major in Health Care Administration and BSN in Nursing.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#9]
NW San Antonio , like I said I’m willing to meet up or get to know folks in San Antonio.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I am in New Braunfels, because of my age, 73, I am staying mostly alone.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd be interested in a meet up.

I'm retired Army 22 years E-7, background in Airborne Infantry, Civil Affairs, Combat Medic and Nursing, and the MiTT Teams

currently work as a nurse at Ft Sam.

going to school for a double major in Health Care Administration and BSN in Nursing.
View Quote

Another local member was kind enough to organize something for SA area. I realize you may have already seen It but I’m putting the link at the bottom of this for anyone else

@wjoutlaw
@sigxo45

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/San-Antonio-meet-up/8-651327/
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:06:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Downtown SA (next to Ft Sam). Been here almost 8 years.

I was a certified handgun and personal defense instructor at one time. I also was an EMT years ago but have taken other courses since (wilderness medicine etc).

I am good with my hands and woodworking. I have an old house and have done everything from refinishing floors, full built-in walls, to making furniture furniture. I may try to make the event on the 13th if I can.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It comes from buying/selling items in EE. In my experience getting feedback is next to impossible. I purchased maybe 25-30 items in EE and only one seller left feedback. It’s a poor indicator of reliability IMHO.
View Quote

Feedback used to be huge here, for members that have been here a while they still do it. My score probably represents 70-75% of the actual # of transactions I have had here.

I always look at feedback and join date before I do business and have passed on plenty that didn't have it. Message the other party after the sale and ask for it if you have to.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:00:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I have no feedback but would be interested in this. Been here a few days.
A little about me:

Current teacher/coach
Former Corrections Officer/Sergeant
LTC holder since 2008
Texas Private Security Lvl 2
^lots of background checks hahahaha

Father of four
Constitutionalist
Interested in protecting my family
Interested in emergency medical/trauma first aid lately
We can food, dry meats, hunt.

Love America.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:58:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I wouldn’t mind getting to know more enthusiast in my area, San Antonio.

Recently I’ve been most interested in learning more first aid.

Like to shoot when I can.
Have just about every tool to work on, assemble and disassemble an AR.
I’m in the plastics industry and can get Kydex.
Always willing to trade parts for other parts.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 2:20:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I’m going to keep posting this as members roll in. Just want to make sure it doesn’t get passed over

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/San-Antonio-meet-up/8-651327/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top